W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > October 2011

Re: Issue with resolving the ontology

From: Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 11:53:24 +0100
Message-ID: <4E9571A4.4090603@liris.cnrs.fr>
To: Thomas Kurz <thomas.kurz@salzburgresearch.at>
CC: "tmichel@w3.org" <tmichel@w3.org>, Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
got it:

* there is a spurious whitespace at the beginning of the RDF/XML file

* the rdfs and xsd namespace are empty; they should be &rdfs; and &xsd;
respectively

  * I notive that this error is also in the RDF embeded in the ontology
    CR document

  * btw, the entities declarations should probably be droped, and the
    namespace URI put directly in the declaration

* there is also a problem with the ttl version: spurious new-line
characters in some literals; this does not happen in the embeded turtle,
though.

here are fixed versions

  pa

On 10/12/2011 10:09 AM, Thomas Kurz wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
> sorry for complaining again. I've tried now to do an import of the media
> ontology in rdf xml (http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont.rdf) but now there are
> parsing errors in this format.
> I've tried to validate the xml via online validator
> (http://www.xmlvalidation.com/) but it fails with error code: ---The
> processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.---
> It should just be a hint to change this in the near future, it is not an
> urgent problem for me by now.
> Many thanks
> Thomas
> 
> Am 04.10.2011 um 14:12 schrieb Thierry MICHEL:
> 
>> Thomas,
>>
>> Indeed there was an issue of improper encoding in the TTL file.
>> Thanks for the catch.
>>
>> I have updated both the
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont.ttl
>> http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont.rdf
>>
>> Therefore your content negotiation should be fine now and display
>> proper encoding of file.
>>
>> let me know if you still have a problem here.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Thierry
>>
>>
>>
>> Le 04/10/2011 13:06, Florian Stegmaier a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> a colleague of mine (Thomas Kurz, CC) encountered a problem with the
>>> turtle version of the ontology. He tried to send the mail directly to
>>> the mailing list, but it does not work . In order to resolve the
>>> problem soon, i will forward it.
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>> ##############
>>>
>>> Hello Media Annotations group,
>>>
>>> i've tried to use the media ontology via Linked Data by accessing the
>>> uri http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont. I wanted to get back text/turtle format.
>>> The content negotiation worked well so i got back turtle (but
>>> unfortunately with encoding bugs). Here a short snippet:
>>> ---
>>> @prefix :&lt;http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont#&gt; .
>>>    @prefix owl:&lt;http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#&gt; .
>>>    @prefix rdfs:&lt;http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#&gt; .
>>>    @prefix xsd:&lt;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#&gt; .
>>>
>>>    &lt;http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont&gt;     a owl:Ontology;
>>> ---
>>> As you can see<>  is encoded as&lt;&lr; so i cannot parse it with
>>> standard parsers.
>>> It would be great if you could fix that!
>>>
>>> THX and best!
>>> Thomas Kurz
> 
> _______________________________________
> Dipl.Inf.(univ.) Thomas Kurz
> Knowledge and Media Technologies
> Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft m.b.H.
> T +43.662.2288-253 | F +43.662.2288-222
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 



Received on Wednesday, 12 October 2011 10:54:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 12 October 2011 10:54:22 GMT