Re: Issue with resolving the ontology

From: Thomas Kurz <thomas.kurz@salzburgresearch.at>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 11:09:25 +0200
Cc: Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>, public-media-annotation@w3.org
To: tmichel@w3.org
Hi Thierry,
sorry for complaining again. I've tried now to do an import of the media ontology in rdf xml (http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont.rdf) but now there are parsing errors in this format.
I've tried to validate the xml via online validator (http://www.xmlvalidation.com/) but it fails with error code:
---The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.---
It should just be a hint to change this in the near future, it is not an urgent problem for me by now.
Many thanks
Thomas

Am 04.10.2011 um 14:12 schrieb Thierry MICHEL:

> Thomas,
>
> Indeed there was an issue of improper encoding in the TTL file.
> Thanks for the catch.
>
> I have updated both the
>
> http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont.ttl
> http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont.rdf
>
> Therefore your content negotiation should be fine now and display proper encoding of file.
>
> let me know if you still have a problem here.
>
> Best,
>
> Thierry
>

> Le 04/10/2011 13:06, Florian Stegmaier a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> a colleague of mine (Thomas Kurz, CC) encountered a problem with the turtle version of the ontology. He tried to send the mail directly to the mailing list, but it does not work . In order to resolve the problem soon, i will forward it.
>>
>> Cheers.
>> ##############
>>
>> Hello Media Annotations group,
>>
>> i've tried to use the media ontology via Linked Data by accessing the uri http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont. I wanted to get back text/turtle format.
>> The content negotiation worked well so i got back turtle (but unfortunately with encoding bugs). Here a short snippet:
>> ---
>> @prefix :&lt;http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont#&gt; .
>>    @prefix owl:&lt;http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#&gt; .
>>    @prefix rdfs:&lt;http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#&gt; .
>>    @prefix xsd:&lt;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#&gt; .
>>
>>    &lt;http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont&gt;     a owl:Ontology;
>> ---
>> As you can see<>  is encoded as&lt;&lr; so i cannot parse it with standard parsers.
>> It would be great if you could fix that!
>>
>> THX and best!
>> Thomas Kurz

Dipl.Inf.(univ.) Thomas Kurz
Knowledge and Media Technologies
Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft m.b.H.
T +43.662.2288-253 | F +43.662.2288-222