Re: Status of API document & vacation information

Dear Werner, all,

please find inline my comments to Werners feedback. Everything checked in related to my comments.

Cheers.

Am 08.06.2011 um 10:45 schrieb Bailer, Werner:

> Dear all,
>
> I've reviewed the API document in order to prepare for LC2 publication, here are my comments:
>
> 1. editor list
> - Wonsuk's affiliation needs to be updated

Updated it. Shall i also update Chris? It was TomTom, right?

> 2. Abstract
> - I think it needs rewriting, as it does not really provide the core information now.
> - why does it say "related to media resources on the Web" in the first sentence?

I think the Abstract is quiet focused - what exactly are you missing here?

> - I would drop the text on interpreting IDL as WebIDL from the abstract

Dropped

> 3. Status
> - there is a reference to "undefined" and "undefined@w3.org"

I cannot change this things - this will be set automatically, right?

> 4. Structure
> - as the examples in 4.2 and 4.3 use the MediaAnnotation interface, I think it would be useful to have section 4.4 directly after 4.1
>
> 5. Sec. 1: Introduction
> - What does the sentence "This document clearly states that the focus for this API is multimedia services on the Web." mean? I think it should be deleted.

Removed.

> 6. Sec. 3: Design consideration
> - when referring to the mapping tables, do not say "recommended best practice", as section 5 of the ontology document is normative

Changed into: "Here, the API for Media Resources 1.0 may use the Ontology for Media Resources 1.0 specification."

> 7. Sec. 4: API description
> - 4.1.1: metadataSources: why does it say "_other_ metadata sources" in the description?

Changed "other" to "additional".

> - 4.4., design considerations, 1st and last bullet points: MediaAnnotation should be formatted as code

Done.

> - 4.5.*: I think the block "if(noErrorStatus( ..."  does not need to be repeated for each property

Hm. No it´s there ;) if you wish, i will delete it.

> - 4.5.3.4.2: maximum has an equals sign instead of a colon

Changed.

> - 4.5: The return type is always 200, shouldn't we use the 26x types giving more details?

That is a good point. Don´t know, if we should change it for the basic examples.

> - 4.7: Looking at the 26x return types in more detail: are they really mutually exclusive?

From my point of view, we have defined them in Vienna. Maybe we should discuss them in the F2F?

> 8. Sec. 5: Usage examples
> - 5.2: format the JSON code in the web service examples as source code

Done.

> 9. Formatting issues
> - there are some bullet lists with bullets outside the left margin, e.g. section 3, beginning of section 4

I have checked this issue several times. I don´t know how to fix this.

> - when printing on A4 paper, fig. 1 is slightly too wide

Changed.

> - when printing, no line breaks are done in text formatted as source code, so make sure that lines are short enough

Checked. Inside an inteface definition, i cannot insert a line break.

> 10. Acknowledgments
> - check/update the list, e.g., Martin Höffernig is not listed here

Who else is missing? Please give me a complete list. Added Martin and Marie Carmen.

> - problem with accented characters in Véronique's and Victor's last names

Changed.

> 11. References
> - the use cases and requirements doc should not say "work in progress"

This is loaded from a global bibtex file. Shall i change it there? If yes, to what state?

> - refer to a current version of Media Fragments spec, but do not (yet) say W3C Recommendation

This is loaded from a global bibtex file. Shall i change it there?

> Best regards,
> Werner

Dipl. Inf. Florian Stegmaier
University of Passau