Re: Minutes of MAWG Telecon

Dear Tobias,

El 08/06/2011 8:29, Tobias Bürger escribió:
> (2) With respect to the comments from Mari-Carmen about ontologies
> currently used in the Linked Data area:
> What additional vocabularies do you have in mind that not already are
> on our radar? The things I know out there use vocabularies that either
> we provided mappings for or that provided mappings to our ontology
> themselves (in case of M3O) or that use our ontology (in case of the
> EventMedia stuff). The only bigger effort in the Linked Data and
> multimedia area I am aware of that uses an ontology which is not in
> our scope is the work from BBC. They use the music ontology and other
> related vocabularies which we did not put into our scope because of
> their sole focus on audio.
I had in mind the work from BBC; not only the Music Ontology
Specification but also the Programmes Ontology
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/ontologies/programmes/2009-09-07.shtml) that at
some point is related to multimedia resources in a particular case. I
did not know you already discussed about this issue.
I had also in mind other vocabularies in the Linked Data area, such as
those available here
"http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/details/vocabularySpace_Theatre.html".
Maybe they are a little transverse to the Media Ontology, but I think it
could be useful to provide how to align them.

> (3) With respect to the formation of a dedicated group on Linked Data
> + Multimedai:
> We discussed this already in the past. WE could not find many reasons
> which would demand a dedicated group on this topic as (a) the
> combination of Linked Data and multimedia is "just" an application
> case for multimedia; I admit a slightly more complex and maybe more
> interesting, but many key issues can be drilled down to issues with
> Linked Data (publishing, interlinking, consumption) themselves (b)
> Other issues were addressed by the fragments working group (c)
> Dedicated vocabulaires are in my point of view independent of their
> use with Linked Data
>
> Maybe you have specific topics in mind that would demand a group which
> I do not see?
I see your points.
With respect to my comment during the telecon, I was just thinking on
how the Media Ontology could be reused/extended in linked data
applications as well as how to create (semi)automatically multimedia
datasets according to the Media Ontology (plus others if necessary).
In addition, I think about to extend the Media Ontology with more
knowledge in order to obtain an ontology for representing also the
content of a media resource. This could be very useful for applications
that search for resources that contains particular issues.

> For my view on this topic and the issues I see you might want to have
> a look at the following publications:
Thank you very much for these pointers. They look very interesting :-D.

Best Regards,

         Mari Carmen.

> Tobias Bürger and Michael Hausenblas "Interlinking Multimedia -
> Principles and Requirements" In: Proceedings of the First
> International Workshop on Interacting with Multimedia Content on the
> Social Semantic Web, co-located with SAMT 2008, Dec, 3.-5., 2008
>
> Michael Hausenblas, Raphael Troncy, Tobias Bürger, and Yves Raimond
> "Interlinking Multimedia: How to Apply Linked Data Principles to
> Multimedia Fragments" In: Proceedings of Linked Data on the Web
> (LDOW2009), co-located with the 18th International World Wide Web
> Conference (WWW2009), Madrid, Spain, 2009
>
> Bernhard Schandl, Bernhard Haslhofer, Tobias Bürger, Andreas
> Langegger, and Wolfgang Halb "Linked Data and Multimedia: The State of
> Affairs" accepted for publication in Multimedia Tools and Applications
> journal, Special issue 'Semantic Multimedia', Springer, 2010
>
> Jean-Pierre Evain and Tobias Bürger "Semantic Web, Linked Data, and
> Broadcasting - more in common than you'd think!" EBU Technical Review
> - 2011 Q1, 2011.
>
> Thomas Kurz, Sebastian Schaffert and Tobias Bürger "LMF - A Framework
> for Linked Media", accepted at MMWeb2011 (forthcoming).
>
> Looking forward to discuss more on these issues!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tobias
>
> 2011/6/7 Bailer, Werner <werner.bailer@joanneum.at
> <mailto:werner.bailer@joanneum.at>>
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     The minutes of today's telecon are at
>     http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-minutes.html
>
>     Best regards,
>     Werner
>
>     -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>      Werner Bailer
>      Audiovisual Media Group
>
>      DIGITAL - Institute of Information and Communication Technologies
>
>      JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
>      Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA
>
>      phone:  +43-316-876-1218            personal fax: +43-316-876-91218
>      mobile: +43-699-1876-1218            general fax: +43-316-876-1191
>      web: http://www.joanneum.at/digital
>      e-mail: mailto:werner.bailer@joanneum.at
>     <mailto:werner.bailer@joanneum.at>
>     -----------------------------------------------------------------------