About ma:language

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:27:33 +0100
To: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>

I have done the 2 updates.

- for the first change, I didn't put the rationale. Is it suppose to go
in also ?

Hello all,

this is my action item action-383 - an addition to mention sign language for

Change 1:
In sec. 6.5 of the ontology document, change
"the video track contains embedded signing in british sign language (
<tt>sgn-GB</tt>). "
"the video track contains embedded signing in british sign language (
<tt>bfi</tt>). "
Rationale: British sign language is not defined by the region of Great
Britain, so you should not use the GB region subtag, but the ISO 639-3
subtag for british sign language bfi. See
for "British").

Also I would change

ma:hasLanguage [ rdfs:label "sgn-GB" ] .

ma:hasLanguage [ rdfs:label "bfi" ] .

Change 2: In sec. 5.1.2, change the definition of "language" to
"The language used in the resource. We recommend to use a controlled
vocabulary such as [BCP
An BCP 47 language identifier can also identify sign languages e.g. using
ISO 639-3 subtags like bfi (British sign language)."