AW: AW: Agreed API changes

From: Bailer, Werner <werner.bailer@joanneum.at>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:08:44 +0100
To: Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
CC: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Dear Florian,

> Since Thierry helped me to restore my CVS account, i can reflect the changes into the API document.

Great, thanks!

>> - add a method to query whether an implementation supports sync and/or async
> +1, should we code this also into a status code?

I don't think so, because it could be one of the modes but also both. And as we are calling a separate function I do not see the need for a status code.

>> - in asynchronous mode
>>  - allow to query multiple properties by passing an array of property names (can be empty to query all properties)
>>  - change order of arguments (first callbacks, then the filter, including the property names)
>>  - explain that error callback is to be used for global errors of a request, while the result can still contain different status codes for each of the properties

> As already outlined, i have a few problems in understanding this correctly - maybe Werner can do the changes related to async mode?

Sure, we can discuss these changes.

>> - include in the API document a specification of the date format

As there is no specific date type in WebIDL, specifying what the date in the DOMString looks like.

>> - implement the proposed changes to the return types sent in the earlier mail
>Not quiet sure what you mean here - can you give me a short clarification?

I meant to include the proposal for the MediaAnnotation object and the derived type I described in my earlier mail into the API doc.

Best regards,
Werner