RE: ACTION-407 (was: API-DOC: Integrated resolutions & new issue)

Dear all,

As discussed in the telco on Apr. 5, we plan to adopt a solution similar to option b) proposed by Pierre-Antoine (see mail below).

However, as there are already definitions about optionality of attributes in the table in section 5.1.2 of the ontology document, we think that these should be completed/updated, and the API document should refer to the ontology document.

In general, the optionality of attributes looks ok, except for these properties, for which we propose changes:
- location: all attributes are optional, this should be changed to require (name) or (longitude,latitude,altitude)
- targetAudience: classificationSystem might not be available in the source format, thus it should be optional (similar to rating.ratingSystem)

In the API document, we should state: Attributes defined as URI|String are modelled as two attributes (link, label). If the corresponding attribute is required, a value must be returned for either the link or label attribute.

In addition to the attributes specified in the ontology document, the MediaAnnotation interface defines additional generic attributes. Currently MUST and SHOULD in the description of the attributes are used to express optionality. However, the description is not clear for two of them: mappingType and sourceFormat. As these are known to the API (otherwise the mapping from the source format would not be possible), we suggest to also make the required.

As no telco is scheduled for next week, please send your comments to the list.

Best regards,
Werner