RE: EBUCore and Eurovision NewsML-G2 in RDF

Hello Pierre Antoine,

I'll try to go one step further in exploring the problem for which I don't have a clear answer (if there is to be one ;-).

Maybe the easiest is to go through scenarios:

Scenario 1:
A user develops a green-field application and decides to use ma-ont. Descriptions / individuals are generated in this format using the RDF provided in the ontology and stored in a triple store (or else). The reasoned does the indexing following the schema. Searches can be made using e.g. SPARQL.

The same user realises that there is a lot of data conforming to one or more additional formats e.g EBUCore or NewsML-G2, both expressed in RDF. He starts harvesting the triples available in these formats and also wants to re-index this data from different sources. The user therefore acquires the schema and uses its reasoned to index the data.  This is primarily done on each set of data e.g. EBUCore and NewsML-G2 RDF, all results being agin stored e.g. in a triple store.

In order to combine this data and achieve richer query results. The user either develop its own RDF mapping between the different ontologies or reuses an existing one (like one of the files I distributed)......

This is where is the dilemma:

Option 1: he reindexes all the data in its triple store (containing ma-ont, EBUCore and NewsML-G2 triples) using only the mapping RDF schema provided separately.

Option 2: he creates a super schema importing ma-ont, EBUCore and NewsML-G2 in RDF, plus the mapping RDF schema and uses its reasoned to reindex all the data

Is option 1 better than or equivalent to option 2? Is there an another option? Etc.

Are there other scenarios that could allow addressing the problem more specifically ?

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre