Re: OWL FULL or DL?

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:47:13 +0200
To: "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch>
CC: 'Yves Raimond' <yves.raimond@gmail.com>, Tobias BŁrger <tobias.buerger@salzburgresearch.at>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
> If the task is about searching content of interest through different
> angles reflected by the ontology properties across different
> namespaces linked to ma-ont through mapping, then I interpret from
> your response that FULL should maybe not be used to maximise
> searchability resulting in more positive accurate hits.

I'm sorry, you mis-interpret me. I'm thinking all the contrary. I do
think that OWL Full is not a problem for the Ontology for Media
Resources. The way I will use the ontology is indeed to enable search
cross metadata formats and vocabulary. I care about getting accurate
results (but this will naturally be the case whatever OWL flavors you
use) and I don't care getting ALL results. I might anyway get all
results if the only OWL Full feature used is punning, which reasoners
such as Racer handles very well. OWL2 RL is also a good candidate.

   RaphaŽl

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242