FW: Web IDL

From: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:20:38 +0200
To: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux [mailto:dom@w3.org]
Sent: den 10 september 2010 14:39
To: Joakim Söderberg
Subject: Re: Web IDL

Hi Joakim,

Le vendredi 10 septembre 2010 ā 14:28 +0200, Joakim Söderberg a écrit :
> Do you have WebIDL bindings for REST, or do you plan to have? If so we
> can use it as a normative part in our specification.

I don't think such bindings exist today; the Device APIs and Policy
Working Group had started to think about that very topic a while ago,
but hasn't pursued that avenue of work quite yet.

See some references linked from
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/66
including
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/docs/virtual-ws.html#rest-as-an-api-modelling-approach

This might be a topic worth bringing to the Hypertext Coordination
Group, since that's likely of interests to various other groups (Web
Apps, Geolocation).

HTH,

Dom