RE: information for Flash multimedia container format

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:39:57 -0700
To: "tmichel@w3.org" <tmichel@w3.org>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
I've forwarded your request to some of the people who work
on metadata for FLV. My belief is that FLV uses XMP for
metadata storage, and that the vocabulary is thus quite
flexible.

I wasn't sure if you were familiar with http://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp.html
and, for video, the guide to metadata for dynamic media:

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/xmp/pdfs/DynamicMediaXMPPartnerGuide.pdf

I think this is more general than FLV, of course, since
the dynamic media schema is used somewhat independently
of the container format.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net