Response to your LC Comment -2395 on Media API spec

James,

In your latest email (below) to the MAWG response to your comment, you say :

1. You assume that audio will be accessed in PCM format such as
audio/L16. We just don't understand how you come to this conclusion.

2- There seem to be many details for video formats in the Media API spec.
This is not true. For example the size of a video, 8 bits per channel,
is not specified. Not sure why you also conclude that there are many
details for video formats in the Media API

Best regards,

Thierry.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Jun/0053.html
  > 2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-mediaont-api-1.0-20100608
  >
  > -----------------------
  > Resolution of the MAWG:
  > -----------------------
  > About your first issue to include audio/x-speex, please refer to our
  > previous response to your comment about speex and vp8 for the media
Ontology

http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-mediaont-api-1.0-20100608/#samplingrate-interface
  > The API doc states "no exceptions" at a number of places (for the
operations
  > and also for some attributes, which is the case for the
samplingRate). The
  > "no exceptions" means that no exceptions are defined when accessing this
  > attribute. The actual text "no exceptions" in the API doc is generated
  > automatically based on the Web IDL descriptions. Since no exceptions are
  > defined on the attributes in our case, this text appears in the
document.
  > Note that Web IDL does allow to define exceptions for access of certain
  > properties (e.g., due to type casting), however we do not include these.
  >
  > The API specification does not currently hold a good description of
why we
  > do not include exceptions however. Therefore we will add a statement to
  > clarify it.

ms