Re: Using the Ontology for Media Resources in the Semantic Web

From: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:30:33 +0200
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Cc: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>, yves.raimond@bbc.co.uk
Hi all,

Joining this thread a bit late, but wanted to let you know what I had
in mind when initially I contacted the Ontology For Media Resources
WG. I have a working prototype application that is capable of
automagically creating "complex" annotations like [0] based on live
YouTube video resources. This application is to be demonstrated at
ISWC2010 during the posters and demos track. My concern was/is whether
I can express this annotational richness in the ma:* namespace using
your ontology. In [1] we discussed that this indeed seems to be
possible, but still I wanted to send out this email to get things a
little more concrete with regards to what people mean when they talk
about "complex" annotations (speaking just for myself here obviously,
others, please chime in with your understanding of "complex"). Thanks
for your consideration.

Cheers,
Tom

[0] http://openetherpad.org/t3aeMzAekt
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Oct/0010.html

--
Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.