RE: Definition for ma:compressions and ma:format

Dear Joakim,

The proposed approach works, if there is a single compressed stream inside a file, i.e. the extended MIME type could be used to specify an AVI file with MPEG-2 inside.

However, in many cases, there are differently compressed streams (typically video and one or more audio streams) in the container, in which case ma:compression is needed for the track fragments.

It seems that, when using extended MIME types (although I'm not sure if they cover all cases), that ma:format is only needed for media resources while ma:compression is only needed for tracks.

Best regards,
Werner