RE: [mawg] action-249: rdfs taskforce update

Actually Publisher and Creator are subclasses of contributors but certainly not of Actor. Actor is also a subclass of Contributor.

I mean IsA vs. a XML like name of an element like 'Title' vs 'hasTitle'

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre-Antoine Champin [mailto:pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr]
Sent: lundi, 31. mai 2010 16:07
To: Evain, Jean-Pierre
Cc: 'Tobias Bürger'; public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: Re: [mawg] action-249: rdfs taskforce update

Hi all,

On 31/05/2010 11:16, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> Hello Tobias,
>
> It looks like very similar to what I would have done.

same here.

A small question though:

why are Publisher and Creator not subclasses of Actor, while Contributor
is ?

I would have expected Creator, Actor and Contributor to be subclasses of
Actor, as well as Person and Organization -- although of course the
Creator/Actor/Contributor distinction is orthogonal to the
Person/Organization partition...

> Of course, there are some issues like naming convention of properties
> like the "is-a" style or not.

by this, do you mean "is-a" vs. "isA" ?

> The other issue, going one step further is about e.g. title or
> description types.  My proposal for this is as follows: e.g. title
> types like 'main' should be sub-properties of the title property. In
> practice, migrating to RDF would require taking all controlled terms
> from the predefined list of types and change them into subproperties.
> If you update the list, then you create a new sub-property -> this is
> taking benefit of the scalability of the RDF model.

I agree with that.

  pa

> Regards,
>
> Jean-pierre
>
> -----Original Message----- From:
> public-media-annotation-request@w3.org
> [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Tobias
> Bürger Sent: lundi, 31. mai 2010 11:01 To:
> public-media-annotation@w3.org Subject: [mawg] action-249: rdfs
> taskforce update
>
> Dear all,
>
> with respect to my action-249: I hacked the first version of our
> ma-ont proposal. You can find a visualization of it at
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Ontology_Implementation

>  I will add a documentation and the sources to the mawg wiki latest
> tomorrow on the same page.
>
> Any feedback and contributions more than welcome!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tobias

This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.
If you have received this email in error,
please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email
message has been swept by the mailgateway