From: Veronique Malaise <vmalaise@few.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:17:27 +0100
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Hi Everyone!

Find below a summary of what we discussed today about the RDF-isation
of the MAWG ontology. The mentioned paper can be found at:
http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-539/paper_21.pdf

Best,
Véronique

A good starting point for thinking of the modeling options for our
ontology is the SemuDate 2009 paper; the implementation should be as
simple as possible.

The ontology shall be implemented on two "levels". The first level
defines the properties defined in the MAWG ontology usings labels and
comments and gives them a namespace that people can use to describe
their media resources. The second level defines the terms used in the
MAWG ontology by grounding them on the existing metadata formats using
the mappings expressed in the course of the work of the group.

A good option would be to have a systematic representation of our
properties and mappings in HTML, so that an automatic conversion
process could be applicable. The questions are: which HTML
representation should we adopt, and what do we do for the mappings
towards vocabularies that have no (official) RDF/OWL version? Do we
ignore them, or represent them in the W3C space?