Re: [mawg] action-249: rdfs taskforce update

Hi Jean-Pierre, Pierre-Antoine,

thanks for your feedback

Am 31.05.2010 17:19, schrieb Evain, Jean-Pierre:
> Actually Publisher and Creator are subclasses of contributors but certainly not of Actor. Actor is also a subclass of Contributor.

I agree on this - I updated the ontology accordingly.
> I mean IsA vs. a XML like name of an element like 'Title' vs 'hasTitle'

yes, we surely have to find an agreement on that, i.e. how we would like
to name the properties / classes. At the moment I use hasXYZ for
properties that I newly introduced (i.e. hasTrack, hasPublisher). But I
would be strongly in favor to consistent naming in one or the other way.

>> The other issue, going one step further is about e.g. title or
>> description types.  My proposal for this is as follows: e.g. title
>> types like 'main' should be sub-properties of the title property. In
>> practice, migrating to RDF would require taking all controlled terms
>> from the predefined list of types and change them into subproperties.
>> If you update the list, then you create a new sub-property ->  this is
>> taking benefit of the scalability of the RDF model.
>>
> I agree with that.

I agree with that as well.

Best regards,

Tobias
>    pa
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Jean-pierre
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From:
>> public-media-annotation-request@w3.org
>> [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Tobias
>> Bürger Sent: lundi, 31. mai 2010 11:01 To:
>> public-media-annotation@w3.org Subject: [mawg] action-249: rdfs
>> taskforce update
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> with respect to my action-249: I hacked the first version of our
>> ma-ont proposal. You can find a visualization of it at
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Ontology_Implementation
>>
>>   I will add a documentation and the sources to the mawg wiki latest
>> tomorrow on the same page.
>>
>> Any feedback and contributions more than welcome!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Tobias

> This email and any files transmitted with it
> are confidential and intended solely for the
> use of the individual or entity to whom they
> are addressed.
> If you have received this email in error,
> please notify the system manager.
> This footnote also confirms that this email
> message has been swept by the mailgateway

Dr. Tobias Bürger         Knowledge and Media Technologies Group
Salzburg Research                           FON +43.662.2288-415
Forschungsgesellschaft                      FAX +43.662.2288-222
Jakob-Haringer-Straße 5/III   tobias.buerger@salzburgresearch.at
A-5020 Salzburg | AUSTRIA         http://www.salzburgresearch.at