[mawg] action-249: new OWL version (rev. 4) of the ontology available

From: Tobias Bürger <tobias.buerger@salzburgresearch.at>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:35:27 +0200
To: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Dear all,

Jean-Pierre and myself recently had some discussions in which we changed
some parts of the implementation of the ontology.
You can find the new version here:

Amongst others we introduced an Agent class having subclasses
Person/Organization and introduced an attribute agentIs following the
role design pattern to assign roles to persons and organizations wrt. to
The possible roles (Contributor, Author, etc.) are now organized in a
subclass hierarchy.
Some properties were changed as well (amongst others the qualifiers of
the properties, i.e. being functional).
I removed the NamedFragment class and introduced a name property for the
MediaFragment class to replace it (this is a point to be discussed).

I think we are getting more closely to a stable version.

Feedback is welcome at any time!

Best regards,

Dr. Tobias Bürger         Knowledge and Media Technologies Group
Salzburg Research                           FON +43.662.2288-415
Forschungsgesellschaft                      FAX +43.662.2288-222
Jakob-Haringer-Straße 5/III   tobias.buerger@salzburgresearch.at
A-5020 Salzburg | AUSTRIA         http://www.salzburgresearch.at