Re: [MAWG] Datatypes for core properties

Dear Chris,

please find my comments inline :)

Best,
Florian

Am 23.02.2010 um 15:11 schrieb Chris Poppe:

> Dear all,
>
> thanks for the update and revision of the data types. Remarks:
>
> Joakim pointed out today that for the the genre property, depending
> on the media resource, probably different vobabularies are needed.
> Maybe it's something to discuss tomorrow morning/evening.

Yes, thatīs right, there might be more vocabularies. Perhaps we can
suggest a big vocabulary, like the EBU one, but let it open for other
vocabularies.

> Dominique has sent an email with remarks on the API document
> (2/18/2010: Comments on API for Media Resource 1.0) stating that for
> the duration property milliseconds are preferred over seconds.

 From my point of view, the datatype doesn't belong to a particular
unit, like second. I only wanted to show with the example, that
seconds, milliseconds and so on can be specified. This is only a
definition thing. Neither does our definition in the document say what
time unit has to be used - perhaps something to update (just like the
keyword definition)?

> Additionally, the types for description and namedFragments which we
> discussed today but did not make it into the minutes map exactly to
> what you suggest :)

Woohoo :)

> Kind regards,
> Chris
>

> Quoting "Florian Stegmaier" <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> in a seperate Skype session after the first meeting day of the 6th
>> F2F, Werner, Tobias and i went through the meeting minutes [1] and
>> discussed the defined datatypes of the properties.
>>
>> Here is our consensus:
>>
>> ###Identification###
>> ma:identifier ::: URI (maybe with subproperties: [identifier:URI,
>> type:String])
>> ma:title ::: [title:String, type:String]
>> ma:language ::: String (controlled by BCP 47 [2])
>> ma:locator ::: URI
>>
>> ###Creation###
>> ma:contributor ::: [Identifier:String or URI, role:String]
>> ma:creator ::: [Identifier:String or URI, role:String]
>> ma:createDate ::: [Identifier:Date, role:String]
>> ma:location ::: [Name:String] or [longitude:Float,latitude:Float,
>> alitude:Float]
>>
>> ###Content description###
>> ma:description ::: String
>> ma:keyword ::: String (here we want to change the
>> definition...keyword should be only keyword - but maybe more tokens
>> -> more keywords accordingly more elements)
>> ma:genre ::: String (controlled, e.g., by the EBU vocabulary)
>> ma:rating ::: [Identifier:URI,
>> value:Float,max:Float,min:Float,context:String]
>>
>> ###Relational###
>> ma:relation ::: [Identifier:URI, relation:String]
>> ma:collection ::: String or URI (nothing complex here)
>>
>> ###Rights###
>> ma:copyright ::: [copyright:String, Identifier:URI]
>> ma:licence ::: [licence:String, Identifier:URI]
>>
>> ###Distribution###
>> ma:publisher ::: String or URI (no role/subproperties needed here)
>> ma:targetAudience ::: [Identifier:URI, classification:String]
>>
>> ###Fragments###
>> ma:fragments ::: [Identifier: URI, role: String]
>> ma:namedFragments ::: [label: String, identifier: URI]
>>
>> ###Technical properties###
>> ma:frameSize ::: [width:Float, height:Float]
>> ma:compression ::: String (controlled by RFC 4281 [3])
>> ma:duration ::: Float (e.g., 5.001 -> 5s and 1ms)
>> ma:format ::: String (controlled by MIME types [4])
>> ma:samplingrate ::: Float
>> ma:framerate ::: Float
>> ma:bitrate ::: Float
>> ma:numTracks ::: Integer
>>
>> In the F2F (or maybe only in the minutes) there was no definition
>> of ma:description and ma:namedFragments.
>>
>> Best,
>> Florian, Werner and Tobias
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2010/02/23-mediaann-minutes.html
>> [2] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/bcp/bcp47.txt
>> [3] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4281.txt
>> [4] http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2046.txt
>> _____________________________
>> Dipl. Inf. Florian Stegmaier
>> Chair of Distributed Information Systems
> [...]

Dipl. Inf. Florian Stegmaier
University of Passau
Innstr. 43
94032 Passau