From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Bailer, Werner
Sent: mercredi, 17. février 2010 09:25
To: Silvia Pfeiffer
Cc: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: RE: awareness of HTML5 media multitrack API

Dear Silvia,

I think the relation to our API is discovering the tracks and getting their properties (identifier, role, type, language). This issue was raised by Raphaël some time ago [1]. The result of the short discussion on the list was that ma:fragments needs to return also track and not just temporal/spatial fragments to support this. I think we have not reached a formal decision on this, so I suggest to put it on the agenda of the F2F meeting next week.

This would allow querying for the list of tracks using ma:fragments, and then you could request further properties for each of the tracks. We could think about providing also a shortcut here, i.e. function that returns the list of track objects and their properties. Any views on this from Chris, Florian, Wonsuk, others?

Best regards,
Werner

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Nov/0090.html

This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.
If you have received this email in error,
please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email
message has been swept by the mailgateway