Re: API at client/server side

From: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 22:51:47 +0100
To: "Bailer, Werner" <werner.bailer@joanneum.at>
Cc: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
I agree with option 1. For option 2, I don't understand why the
implementation as a web service requires a user agent and a java script
library to call a service. Shouldn't that be any API in any programming
languages that knows how to work with the Media Resource API? I am thinking
about a scenario like metadata harvester who does the harvesting without any
relation to a user interface, and wants to talk to the Media Resource API.

Appologies in advance if I missed some bits of the discussion. Except that
(minor) bit, I think the figure is very good.

Best,

Felix