W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > August 2010

[Minutes] MAWG meeting 31 Aug 2010

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:10:32 +0200
Message-ID: <4C7CF138.1050209@w3.org>
To: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Minutes of the MAWG meeting 31 Aug 2010
are available at

http://www.w3.org/2010/08/31-mediaann-minutes.html

or as plain text following ...




                                - DRAFT -

                            SV_MEETING_TITLE

31 Aug 2010

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/08/31-mediaann-irc

Attendees

    Present
           wbailer, +33.9.53.85.aaaa, joakim

    Regrets
           Jean-Pierre, Felix, Florian, Chris, John, Tobias

    Chair
           Joakim

    Scribe
           Thierry

Contents

      * [3]Topics
      * [4]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <joakim> Hi, number to call?

    <wbailer> +33.4.26.46.79.03 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 
      +33.4.26.46.79.03      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

    <wbailer> there are still the old numbers in the agenda

    <joakim> chair: Joakim

    <joakim> +44.203.318.0479 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 
    +44.203.318.0479      end_of_the_skype_highlighting (London)

    +33.4.26.46.79.03 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 
+33.4.26.46.79.03      end_of_the_skype_highlighting (ZAkim FR)

    +1.617.761.6200 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 
+1.617.761.6200      end_of_the_skype_highlighting (US)

    +44.203.318.0479 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 
+44.203.318.0479      end_of_the_skype_highlighting (UK)

    Joakim: Welcome back after the summer break

    <joakim> : [5]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/06-mediaann-minutes.html

       [5] http://www.w3.org/2010/07/06-mediaann-minutes.html

    scibe: Thierry

    <scribe> scribe: Thierry

    no objections for the minutes

    next meeting was planned today

    F2F on 8-10 sept

    discussed the LC comments and will accept comments arriving during
    the summer

    next meeting is next week on F2F on 8-10 sept

    <vero> I will unfortunately have to be back in NL on the 10th, so I
    leave the 9th in the evening

    [6]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/MAWG-Sophia/results

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/MAWG-Sophia/results

    results of participation

    <vero> I hope that most discussions on teh ontology document can be
    done on the 8th-9th

    we have werner, Chris and Wonsuk during the F2F. Shuld be able to
    resolve all the LC comments.

    and do the spec editing

    Should consider participation of Véronique on 8 and 9th

    and discuss the ontology work on the first 2 days

    <vero> would be great!

    <scribe> ACTION:joakim to write to Daniel to draft the agenda with
    ontology discussion on 8 and 9th [recorded in
    [7]http://www.w3.org/2010/08/31-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

    <joakim>
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

    <vero> I had a look at the comments, and I can definitely
    participate in some of the revisions, some others are also
    definitely beyond my expertise :)

    <vero> I am also afraid that at least one reviewer saw an old
    vesrion of the document, because s/he commented on something that is
    not in the latest version...

    ACTION-234 had an email from Thomas from Google.

    Was the first LC comments

    Good that we have feed back from them.

    Could be a good way to make them aware of our work

    First answer the Google LC comment

    ACTION-261: thierry done a PHP scriot

    <trackbot> ACTION-261 Provide xslt stylesheet for including tables
    into ontology doc before candidate rec publication notes added

    ACTION-266: Thierry to ccordinate with Wonsuk to change the
    namespace in the Ontology

    <joakim> Currently we have nine LC comments, two came in during the
    summer

    <joakim> we are missing one LC; Raphael asked Media Fragments

    <stegmai> i can ask him right away after his talk if you want

    <vero> one of the comments got an answer from Jean-Pierre too

    <joakim> Thierry will remind Raphael

    <stegmai> ok

    <joakim> After we get in the missing LC, we are finished and should
    not allow any more

    <joakim> By the F2F we shold resolve all LCs and Thierry will Track
    all changes

    <vero> ok, maybe we should have a minute also with WonSuk to ask him
    where to find the latest version of the different documents in SVN,
    I never manage to have the latest one...

    <vero> not an "SVN update" problem, just the hierarchy of documents
    is a bit confusing

    <joakim> Thierry thinks that the mapping should be normative, and
    having a WG note saying: that it's not closed, mapping to a running
    document

    Thierry wiil send the the resolution to the commenters

    <joakim> The point is that the list is not closed BUT that te
    mappings done are fixed!

    <vero> what about one question from one of the reviewers: is it bad
    if someone takes the media Ontology as a metadata scheme, not for
    the mappings?

    <vero> I think that it would be alright too, but this has to be
    specified

    <wbailer> i agree that this would be ok

    <vero> nice! Should we do more in this perspective? Present the
    ontology as a minimalist metadata scheme + mappings?

    <vero> to be discussed with a bigger audience of course, but just
    here, to collect your opinions :)

    <joakim> Thierry, we should agree on the changes and the editors
    should update the editorial change

    <vero> +1

    <joakim> If possible we should have finished most changes

    <joakim> Werner, we can split into sub-workgroups

    <joakim> Thierry: Should have a change log

    <joakim> it's up to the editor, to keep track of this; i.e. add it
    to the change log (Thierry will show examples)

    <vero> I, and maybe others, just need to understand the document
    hierarchy structure in order to edit the relevant document(s)

    I will explain this during the F2F: change log ...

    <vero> ok, thank you!

    <joakim> Thierry: will invite participants for dinner on 8th and 9th
    (location to be decided)

    Maybe 8th is better for Véronique

    <vero> indeed, the 9th I fly back

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: joakim to write to Daniel to draft the agenda with
    ontology discussion on 8 and 9th [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2010/08/31-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [10]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([11]CVS log)
     $Date: 2010/08/31 12:05:48 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [12]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/teh/the/
Succeeded: s/Is/If/
Succeeded: s/Wernre/Werner/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: tmichel
Found Scribe: Thierry

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Default Present: wbailer, +33.9.53.85.aaaa, joakim
Present: wbailer +33.9.53.85.aaaa joakim
Regrets: Jean-Pierre Felix Florian Chris John Tobias

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 31 Aug 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/08/31-mediaann-minutes
.html
People with action items: joakim

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2010/08/31-mediaann-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report


    End of [14]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Tuesday, 31 August 2010 12:10:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 31 August 2010 12:10:44 GMT