Re: [LC Comment ONT] copyright/policy suggestions

From: Renato Iannella <renato@iannella.it>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:14:16 +1000
Cc: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>, public-media-annotation@w3.org, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, Marco Casassa Mont <marco_casassa-mont@hp.com>
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>

Search for: ma:policy.type = "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab/#copyright"

> Next, if the answer is "yes" I may need to know who by.  Next, if I don't want to contact them and ask, I might want to know what usage is permitted by the copyright owner.

Then read text at: ma:policy.statement
Or (if empty) look at URI at: ma:policy.identifier

> I am still wondering what the problem is with separating "is this copyrighted and if so by who?" from "what usages are permitted, or not?".

We are not proposing this - we are doing the opposite - one model to access *all* policy information.

Cheers

Renato Iannella
http://renato.iannella.it