Re: [call for comments] ma:compression vs. ma:coding vs. ma:encoding

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:28:50 +1000
To: "Christian Timmerer (ITEC)" <christian.timmerer@itec.uni-klu.ac.at>
Cc: "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch>, Daniel Park <soohongp@gmail.com>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Hi Christian,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Christian Timmerer (ITEC) <
christian.timmerer@itec.uni-klu.ac.at> wrote:

> On Apr 28, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> They are not really URIs, but URNs that were defined by MPEG. Also, I would
> suggest to extend the document with the codecs parameter for the MIME types
> which have been standardised for some of the existing MPEG MIME types (and
> are actually in use in HTML5).
>
> Well, yes, please provide me a list and I'm happy to integrate. However,
> this document just maintains MPEG codecs ;-)

Some are listed here: http://www.mp4ra.org/codecs.html

Also, the following examples are given here
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4281.txt :

(MPEG-4 Visual Simple Profile Level 0 plus 13K voice)

I can see that you would want more information on the format than just
> encapsulation format and codecs (which is typically what the MIME types give
> you). You also want profiles. Maybe then ma:encoding_profiles is the right
> word?
>
> Don't get me wrong, I just wanted to point out, that this document exists
> and maybe you find it useful for your discussion.

Oh, this question was directed not at you, but at the complete email thread,
so don't worry.

Cheers,
Silvia.