[mawg] Update API document

From: Chris Poppe <Chris.Poppe@ugent.be>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:30:00 +0200
To: <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Dear all,

I have updated the API-document according to (some of ) the comments of
Sylvia. A new version can be found at:

I still need to finish all the javascript examples and include the examples
for the different methods (e.g. getPropertyNamesWithValues)

Some important comments that were not yet addressed:

6. Section Contributor

* why are we suddenly using "id" and "role" as attribute values? They

should continue to be "value" and "type" like in the previous

properties for consistency.

[CP] Interesting, it might indeed be a good way for consistency although

use of "id" seemed more appropriate to me than "value" when talking about

contributors. I leave this open for the group.

7. Section Creator

* replace "StringObject" with "Creator"

[CP] StringObject was used for each property that just holds a string. It

might indeed be better to define appropriate interfaces.

Will change this if the group agrees.

8. Section CreationDate

* you talk about both "CreationDate" and "Date" here. If you want this

value to have a type of e.g. "creation date" and "publish date", it

should not be called "CreationDate", but only "Date".

[CP] I agree that "createDate" as propertyname is not a good name to

represent both "Create Date" and "Publish Date" subtypes. I am not fond of

the use of "date" as propertyname either since it sounds a bit too

Kind regards,

Ghent University - IBBT
Faculty of Engineering
Department of Electronics and Information Systems (ELIS)
Multimedia Lab Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201
B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent

t: +32 9 33 14959
f: +32 9 33 14896
t secr: +32 9 33 14911