Re: Ontology for Media Entity 1.0 (ISAN)

Hi.

On May 14, 2009, at 10:31 AM, 이원석 wrote:

> Hi. Veronique.
>
> I am sorry I don’t exactly understand the meaning of “in another
> section” you said.
Sorry to have been unclear. IMO the list of formats "in scope" for the
media ontology 1.0 are the formats that are now in the mapping table.
If other formats are judged to be relevant, then we should make a
subsection: in scope and taken into account in the first mapping
table, in scope and not taken into account in the first mapping table.
We then need to define the rationale of why some formats are taken
into account while others are not: here Jean-Pierre's answer is very
relevant: we can define sets of properties that are likely to be found
on Internet vs properties unlikely to be found on Internet; we also
have the vote for the "major formats" that has taken place to explain
the fact that some formats are taken into account as priority.
> IMO I guess if we decide to add ISAN to in-scope, we can reflect
> this to all part of ontology doc that are related with ISAN.
what would be "all parts of ontology doc that are related with ISAN"?
> Because we will release just first draft for ontology doc.
what do you mean with "we can reflect the changes because we will
release just a first draft of the ontology document"?
> But even if we decide to add this, the appropriate timing is not now
> but the second publication.
why would that be, if it is just about adding one subsection and one
reference to the document, plus the rationale of taking some formats
into account now and some later in the mapping effort?

> Anyway firstly we need to discuss about ISAN.
sure

Best regards,
Véronique