RE: F2F 3 and call for comments

At 16:53  +0200 27/04/09, Bailer, Werner wrote:
>- There is no property to describe the number of tracks (and maybe
>type of tracks), e.g. which audio channels in a surround setup,
>several language channels, audio commentary, etc., in future
>probably also several video channels. The MFWG has defined "track
>fragments" as a specific type of fragment identifier, so the range
>of options for this kind of fragments for a content must be known.
>
>- sample type/depth could be useful at least in a limited way, e.g.
>to express black/white or color, in some application (e.g. medical
>imaging) a more precise specification could be helpful
>
>- file size/bit rate could be useful for media to be downloaded/streamed
>
>- I know we excluded temporal sampling rate, but I'm not sure why it
>should be excluded when spatial sampling rate is included

I think we need to work on 'annotative' queries and 'format' queries
separately, and yes, some of these are relevant.

I remain concerned that we need some annotative material for
accessibility (e.g. link to transcript, what 'axes' the media can be
adapted -- such as closed captions, audio description of video, video
contrast, etc.)
--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.