Re: Results [2] of Questionnaire Survey of Mapping Formats for the Media

From: Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:19:57 +0100
To: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
CC: 이원석 <wslee@etri.re.kr>, public-media-annotation@w3.org
Dear all,

>> Regarding to the result of third question, ID3 frames should be replaced with MPEG-7.
>
> Not sure how you conclude to this.
>
> If you add the ranking (lowest number should win)
>
> MPEG-7= 8+6+2 =16
> ID3=    5+4+7 =16-7
>
> MPEG-7 and ID3 are equal ;-)

You can also perfectly conclude that the 3rd question contradicts the
first 2 questions due to their ambiguity, see the related concern from
David Singer. Hence, MPEG-7 is the 8th preferred format to work on (1st
question) but it is preferred by  10 persons, rank 2 in the 3rd question
!!! My conclusion is that this questionnaire is ambiguous and the
answers contradict themselves!
If the complexity is one of the criteria to keep at least one format
(complex) then MPEG-7 should be in ...
Best regards.

   Raphaël

--