W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > March 2009

RE: [draft agenda] Media Annotations WG meeting Tuesday, 03 March 13:00-14:00 UTC

From: Bailer, Werner <werner.bailer@joanneum.at>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:07:44 +0100
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D2985201BA852C@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: "Thierry Michel" <tmichel@w3.org>
Cc: <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Regrets for this week's telecom, I'm in a meeting. I hope I will be able to join on IRC.

Concerning open actions:
- 47 and 87 are pending
- qualifying the mappings for MPEG-7 and SMPTE will be done by the end of this week

Best regards,
Werner
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org 
> [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of 
> Thierry Michel
> Sent: Montag, 02. März 2009 17:02
> To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
> Subject: [draft agenda] Media Annotations WG meeting Tuesday, 
> 03 March 13:00-14:00 UTC
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> Here is draft agenda for the Media Annotations WG call in 
> this week, on 
> behalf of Daniel who should Chair tomorrow call.
> If you have any items to be included in the agenda, feel free to let 
> chairs know.
> 
> *===================================================================*
> 
> *Tuesday, 03 March 13:00-14:00 UTC*
> 
> *===================================================================*
> 
> * **Zakim General Information*
> 
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=02&
day=17&year=2009&hour=13&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_3261
> 
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 6294 (spells "MAWG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> IRC channel : #mediaann on irc.w3.org:6665 W3C IRC Web Client :
> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc (Other clients are listed at 
> http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client)
> Zakim information : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> WG home page : http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/
> WG admin home page : http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/admin
> WG AI tracker : http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/
> WG open issue :
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
> Wiki discussion pages:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Main_Page#Dis
> cussion_pages
> 
> *===================================================================*
> 
> *AGENDA*
> 
> 
> *[1] Administratives*
> 
> Chair: Daniel
> Scribe: Veronique (was scheduled last week, but telecon was canceled)
> Regrets: none so far
> 
> [a] Agenda review and approval of previous minutes telecon 17 
> February 2009
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2009/02/17-mediaann-minutes.html
> 
> [b] Selection of scribe for next meeting
> 
> Scribe list: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/admin.html
> 
> - Volunteer to scribe for telecon on 10.03. 2009
> 
> [c] Schedule for the next call on 10.03. 2009
> 
> Daylight Savings Time -- aka Summer Time -- coming next week 
> to the US.
> Most of the US will be moving its clocks forward this year on 
> March 8. 
> This is 3 weeks earlier than Europe.
> Most folk outside the US will need to join teleconferences 1 hour 
> earlier between 8 March and 29 March at 12:00-13:00Z.
> After 29 March most teleconferences will be back on the same relative 
> local time for Europe.
> 
> The teleconference calendar
> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20090310
> 
> 
> *[2] Items*
> 
> [a] Action items
> Please give us the status of your Action Item. We will go 
> through the list
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
> 
> 
> [b] Mapping of formats
> Very long thread on this topic last 2 weeks:
> 
> More complex ontology, with some fundamental entities that 
> can resolve 
> mappings from/to different levels of abstraction.
> The API should be kept simple.
> Contributors with format mappings refine the "property relation".
> 
> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_tab
> le_090216_common.htm
> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_tab
> le_090216_common.xls
> 
> 
> 
> [c] Toy applications
> Who is a volunteer for implementing the mapping tables ?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/20
09Feb/0109.html
> 
> so far we have:
> PA:  http://liris.cnrs.fr/~pchampin/wsgi/mawg/
> F: http://www.w3.org/People/fsasaki/annotation-mappings/01/mapping.xsl
> 
> 
> [d] Material for publishing a 17 March draft
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/20
09Feb/0038.html
> 
> Felix sent an initial draft, and we should
> - Check the terminology and format identifiers
> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.
> 0.html#terminology-and-ids
> - Integrate the mapping table into sections.
> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.
> 0.html#mapping-table
> - Update the lists (formats in scope / out of scope / format 
> identifier)
> related to the mapping table, see editors notes "This list needs to be
> brought in sync with the mapping table.".
> - Find editors who do the work :) .
> 
> [e] Questionnaire: Survey of Mapping Formats 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/20
09Feb/0081.html
> 
> So far 8 answers have been received.
> 
> 
> Thierry Michel.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
Received on Monday, 2 March 2009 16:08:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 March 2009 16:08:14 GMT