Re: AW: [Transition announcement] for "Ontology for Media Resource 1.0" to First Public Working Draft.

Dear all!

Just looked at the mapping table (MacOSX: Safari 3.2.3, Firefox 3,
Opera 9.64 -> all browsers with standard settings)

Safari:  looks good (only the table lines are missing)
Firefox: everything fine
Opera: same as in Safari, only border lines missing

Best,
Florian

Am 19.06.2009 um 10:03 schrieb Christian Timmerer (ITEC):

> Yep, facing the same in Mac OS X with both Firefox and Safari. In
> Firefox, after changing the character encoding from Western
> (ISO-8859-1) to Unicode (UTF-8), everything seems to be working fine.
>
> Btw. please update the reference to MPEG-7, e.g., reference MPEG-7
> as a whole which could be probably done for MPEG-21 also. That is,
> ISO/IEC 15938 (all parts), Information technology – Multimedia
> content description interface
>
> ISO/IEC 21000 (all parts), Information technology – Multimedia
> framework (MPEG-21)
>
> Best regards,
>

> -Christian
>
> On Jun 19, 2009, at 8:08 AM, Thierry Michel wrote:
>

>> Hi Werner,
>>
>> The mapping table displays fine in both IE6 and Firefox3 for me.
>> Seems like it is related with the encoding type of your browser.
>>
>> Are there other people of the WG having this issue ? a character
>> ("Â") in all cells that are supposed to be empty.
>>
>> Please let me know.
>>
>> Thierry
>>

>> Bailer, Werner a écrit :
>>> Hi Wonsuk,
>>>
>>> you are right, if I change the encoding to UTF-8 manually, it
>>> works. However, although it says UTF-8 in the header, it's strange
>>> that auto-detection of encoding fails in 3 browsers (IE, Firefox,
>>> Opera)...
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Werner

_____________________________
Dipl. Inf. Florian Stegmaier
University of Passau
Innstr. 43
94032 Passau

Room 248 ITZ
Tel.: +49 851 509 3063
Fax: +49 851 509 3062
stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de
Quote of the week: You have to unlearn what you have learned! (Yoda)