Type of media file and its metadata

From: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 05:29:17 +0900
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Hi all,

appologies in advance if you have discussed this before ... but have we
decided how our API should "find out" the type of a media file? That
information is important for knowing what metadata  to expect. Not all
formats we are discussing have a mime type registered. And a URI like
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos? gives you the content-type
application/atom+xml , but within the Atom feed there are many formats being
used. Should we allow the API to do content sniffing to find out what is
available?

Felix