PhD researcher position in EU FP7 Project

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:45:03 +0000
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>, <public-lod@w3.org>, <public-media-annotation@w3.org>

PhD researcher position in EU FP7 Project

In the FP7/ICT-2007.4.4 STREP 'Intelligent Metadata-driven Processing and
distribution of audio-visual media (iMP) [1] we will create an architecture,
workflow and applications for intelligent metadata-driven processing and
distribution of digital movies and entertainment. The goal is to enable a
'Virtual Film Factory' in which creative professionals can work together to
create and customise programmes from Petabyte-scale digital repositories,
using semantic technologies to organise data and drive its processing.

[OFFER] We offer a grand environment in the world's leading Semantic Web
research institute in the field of multimedia semantics. DERI is a
multicultural working place with modern infrastructure and exciting
environmental conditions.

[EXPECT] We expect a strong background in ontology engineering, multimedia
semantics and the willingness to proactively work in a team operating in an
international environment.

We invite you to submit your application to both michael.hausenblas@deri.org
and giovanni.tummarello@deri.org including a current CV and a (pointer) to a
list of publications.

In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via skype
(mhausenblas).

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://imp-project.eu/

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,