Re: [MEDIAANN] Mapping table EXIF, MediaRDF, SearchMonkey Media, LOM, METS

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:35:31 +0100
To: Victor Rodriguez Doncel <victorr@ac.upc.edu>
Cc: public-media-annotation@w3.org, Alistair Miles <alistair.miles@zoo.ox.ac.uk>

(de-lurking; I'm a wellwisher on the public list not a WG member for now)

On 19/1/09 15:13, Victor Rodriguez Doncel wrote:

> I attach a modified version of the mapping including a mapping to FRBR.
> <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/FRBR>

Great to see things being connected up to FRBR. I blogged about this
recently, and that's been picked up on the FRBR blog, so you could
perhaps ask there if you're looking for sample data.

Also recently in that blog,
recently points to some FRBRization algorithm work around music.
http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/projects/vfrbr/ ... no data/code public yet

A related effort worth knowing about is the Dublin Core / RDA
collaboration. http://dublincore.org/dcmirdataskgroup/
They have a growing collection of scenarios in their wiki, see
http://dublincore.org/dcmirdataskgroup/Scenarios ... and are exploring
RDF representations of RDA. RDA is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Description_and_Access ...
"Resource Description and Access or RDA is a set of instructions for the
cataloguing of books and other materials held in libraries. RDA is
intended to replace AACR2, a standard in widespread use in
Anglo-American libraries." ... and has a strong FRBR influence. See also
the thread "datasets for testing RDA at scale" in their mailing list,
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DC-RDA (you may need to
join to see the archives). Am cc:'ing Alistair Miles who may have some
more pointers / ideas.

ps. another Atom-based media metadata proposal: