MIX review

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 00:25:08 +0900 (JST)
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org

Hi all,

I made a review of MIX, see the mapping wiki page. Since I did not found
documentation for version 2.0, I looked at the previous, documented
version 1.0, and updated the EXCEL file.
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping%20table.xls

Some comments below.

- MIX is for collections of still images. If we keep video in the center
and decide to take the requirement for "collection" related metadata not
into account, there are two reasons *not* to look at MIX
- Nevertheless there are some properties which might be useful to adopt:
  	       * fileSize
	       * processingSoftware
	       * GPSData
- Here again we have the case which Joakim brought up: how to deal with
different levels of granularity. In this specific case,  mapped both MIX
"dateTimeCreated" and "dateTimeProcessed" to dc:date, but only MIX
"dateTimeCreated" to xmp:CreateDate.
- For the GPSData, I think we should take an action to ask the geolocation
WG and ask them what properties are useful.

Felix