W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > January 2009

RE: MAWG minutes 2009-01-13 (DRAFT)

From: Evain, Jean-Pierre <evain@ebu.ch>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:22:19 +0100
Message-ID: <14AE8514098875488F9FEACD90C747A204BEC1@gnvasmail1a.gva.ebu.ch>
To: "Felix Sasaki" <fsasaki@w3.org>, <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Dear Felix, all,

I am working on the mapping of EBU, IPTC (NewsML-g2) and TVA metadata into
the table.

I have had a look at the latest draft of the requirements document. I have
noted that the requirements section on which I had an action to review the
text during the F2F meeting is not incorporated. I have also noted that
references and links to EBU P-META and TV-Anytime are obsolete (I can
provide new ones) and others are missing.  Please let me know how I can help
resolving this. Should I send the material to Wonsuk and Tobias?

Regards, Jean-pierre

-----Original Message-----
From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Felix Sasaki
Sent: mardi, 13. janvier 2009 15:11
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: MAWG minutes 2009-01-13 (DRAFT)


... are at http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix


[1]W3C

[1] http://www.w3.org/


- DRAFT -

MAWG

13 Jan 2009

[2]Agenda

[2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0017.htm

l

See also: [3]IRC log

[3] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-irc


Attendees

Present
thierry, joakim, tobias, victor, werner, wonsuk, felix,
pchampin, frank, veronique, davy

Regrets
erik

Chair
Thierry

Scribe
fsasaki

Contents

* [4]Topics
1. [5]w3c track
2. [6]action items
3. [7]schedule for UC & Req doc
4. [8]future of req & use cases doc
5. [9]mapping of formats
6. [10]AOB
* [11]Summary of Action Items
_________________________________________________________

<pchampin> hi

<tmichel> Hello

<tmichel> we have regrets from werner and erik

<tmichel> let me dial in

<pchampin> that's me

<tmichel> Felix can you hear me on zakim ?

w3c track

thierry explains various steps (FPWD etc.) of w3c process

<scribe> scribe: fsasaki

example of a test suite:
[12]http://www.w3.org/International/its/tests/


[12] http://www.w3.org/International/its/tests/


agenda is at
[13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009

Jan/0017.html

[13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0017.htm

l

minutes from previous meeting
[14]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html approved

[14] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html


<frank> I can do the next next

scribe volunteer Pierre-Antoine

Pierre-Antoine scribe 20.1. 2009, frank scribe 27.1. 2009

Schedule for the next call on 20.1. 2009 (now every Tuesday, 13:00
UTC)

action items

[15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open


[15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open


close ACTION-20

<trackbot> ACTION-20 Add a link from WG page to the "still alive"
MMSEM wiki pages and to make sure that everybody can edit the pages
closed

action 43 is pending

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 43

AI 44 done

frank: went through requirements document, took use cases explained,
checked if xmp:history can be applied
... xmp:history looks useful, we should use it

close ACTION-44

<trackbot> ACTION-44 Check if xmp:history is applicable for the
current use cases closed

close ACTION-45

<trackbot> ACTION-45 Look at how sony ericsson uses xmp closed

joakim: sent a mail about this to the list

close ACTION-46

<trackbot> ACTION-46 Bother Eric so that he gives AI to Chris about
the metadata model from IBBT closed

felix: done, chris sent a mail to the list about the model

AI 47 ongoing

close ACTION-48

<trackbot> ACTION-48 Send pointer to media fragments WG for review
of uc&req doc, when it is ready closed

AI 49 ongoing

felix: sent mail to larry masinter, no response yet

ACTION-51

drawing is at
[16]http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.

html

[16] http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.html


close ACTION-53

<trackbot> ACTION-53 Revise the introduction, using material from
the "video" UC section closed

close ACTION-51

<trackbot> ACTION-51 Make a drawing to make clear what we are not
doing closed

AI 54 pending

AI 55 pending

close ACTION-57

<trackbot> ACTION-57 Check with plh how he wants us to move the
requirements document forward closed

close ACTION-58

<trackbot> ACTION-58 Add the issue of returning String/URI value as
an additional requirement closed

AI 59

joakim: sent a mail about this

thierry: let's leave it open, try to have more discussion until next
week

close ACTION-60

<trackbot> ACTION-60 Ask Chris about the question of heterogeneous
return values closed

close ACTION-61

<trackbot> ACTION-61 Request short URI for the requirements document
closed

ACTION-63

close ACTION-63

<trackbot> ACTION-63 Formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM
group closed

victor: formally it has been done, informally I will report at next
MPEG meeting about our groups activities, within the next weeks
... will ask you to take a look at the presentation before

thierry: please send to the group for review

schedule for UC & Req doc

thierry: thanks to felix for providing the document, it's now frozen
... we are now going to ask for formal publication on TR page
... publication is planned for jan 19th
... Any Objection to request Transition of the document to FPWD ?
... no objections

RESOLUTION: Working Groups agrees to move document to FPWD, no
objections

thierry: please do not advertise URI of document before publication
on Monday

future of req & use cases doc

<tmichel> [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/media-annotations-wg.html


[17] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/media-annotations-wg.html


thierry: we should publish LC version of this doc in march, might be
doable
... we may or may not get feedback on UC & req document, the LC
draft will give more feedback
... for LC in march, we have 1-1/2 months for revising the document

werner: if we get feedback on document and revise a section, what
will happen?
... so after publication on Monday we can adapt it any time?

thierry: we can update the internal WD, and in March we will say we
publish a LC version and ask other WGs for review
... after LC of the req & use case LC draft, we wil publish the req
& use case document as a "working Group note"
... we have worked on uc & req doc, we now need to think about
ontology and API doc

joakim: schedule might be very optimistic

felix: agree

thierry: group is chartered until January 2010, we have another year
... if we don't fulfil milestones, at the end of the year we will
request an extension, maybe 6 more months, depending on where we
stand

mapping of formats

<tmichel>
[18]http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table

.htm

[18] http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table.htm


joakim: took all properties we have identified as relevant from XMP
review in one column in the excel table
... filled out the ID3 column

thierry: what will be outcome of XMP / IDE mapping

<tmichel>
[19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping


[19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping


joakim: sometimes properties were dublicated
... e.g. there are various date related properties
... e.g. in DC we have date, but other vocabularies make differences
between createDate, dateChanged
... DC is more generic

<VeroniqueM> could we have a "transitivity" problem?

<VeroniqueM> if property A from voc A is "mapped" to property B from
voc B, that is in turn mapped to property C from another, what is
the "mapping" status of A with respect to C?

<Victor> now :)

<pchampin> a simple solution to handle duplication would be to only
support the most generic property

<VeroniqueM> agreed

<pchampin> but this may not be satisfactory for every duplicate
property

<VeroniqueM> DC would be the interlingua?

<tmichel> I ammuted now ;-)

<tmichel> sorry about this buzz

<tmichel> For CR exit criteria we need implementation for two
mapping (two features)

[20]http://www.w3.org/People/fsasaki/annotation-mappings/


[20] http://www.w3.org/People/fsasaki/annotation-mappings/


<tmichel> work implmentation driven. Ask people of the WG which
aattribute they use

[21]http://www.w3.org/People/fsasaki/annotation-mappings/01/mapping.

xsl

[21] http://www.w3.org/People/fsasaki/annotation-mappings/01/mapping.xsl


<tmichel> inputs XML and uses an XSL style sheet

felix: propose to think from CR step: what functionalities are
people ready to implement?

thierry: agree. It is not good to define a lot of mappings if we
will not implement them during CR
... problem of how to proceed with duplicate mappings, which joakim
described

<tmichel> Tobias I can't hear you

<tobiasb> Probably I have a problem with the micro

<tobiasb> I started yesterday and will be ready with it next week!

<tmichel> Wonsuk ?

going through formats and see when they be finished

<tmichel> TYoutube and Media RSS , TXfeed for next week

<tobiasb> Same for SearchMonkey...did not start but will be ready
next week

<scribe> ACTION: wonsuk to finish TYoutube and Media RSS , TXfeed
for next week [recorded in
[22]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-65 - Finish TYoutube and Media RSS ,
TXfeed for next week [on WonSuk Lee - due 2009-01-20].

<scribe> ACTION: Tobias to do searchmonkeymedia [recorded in
[23]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-66 - Do searchmonkeymedia [on Tobias
Bürger - due 2009-01-20].

<tmichel> Jean Pierre

<scribe> ACTION: jean-pierre to review tvanytime [recorded in
[24]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Review tvanytime [on Jean-Pierre
EVAIN - due 2009-01-20].

<scribe> ACTION: Jean-Pierre to review EBU [recorded in
[25]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-68 - Review EBU [on Jean-Pierre EVAIN -
due 2009-01-20].

<scribe> ACTION: Joakim to review Cable Labs Video-On-Demand Content
specification 2.0 [recorded in
[26]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-69 - Review Cable Labs Video-On-Demand
Content specification 2.0 [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-01-20].

<scribe> ACTION: Jean-Pierre to review IPTC [recorded in
[27]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-70 - Review IPTC [on Jean-Pierre EVAIN -
due 2009-01-20].

<scribe> ACTION: Chris to review DIG35 [recorded in
[28]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action07]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Chris

<scribe> ACTION: Thierry to ask AC rep of IBBT to nominate Chris
[recorded in
[29]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action08]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-71 - Ask AC rep of IBBT to nominate Chris
[on Thierry Michel - due 2009-01-20].

review of FRBR is done

victor: review of FRBR is done

<scribe> ACTION: victor to report on FRBR next week [recorded in
[30]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action09]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - victor

<scribe> ACTION: Felix to review MIX [recorded in
[31]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action10]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-72 - Review MIX [on Felix Sasaki - due
2009-01-20].

<Victor> Requirement r07 says "Introducing several abstraction
levels in the ontology", mapping to FRBR is inmediate and easy. Next
conference I can report more details if needed.

MPEG-7

frank: werner and I worked on it

<scribe> .. ongoing

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: need more time

<tobiasb> MediaRDF: Alread y had a look; will provide information
for mapping table by the deadline next week

<scribe> ACTION: frank to review with werner MPEG-7 - due 2009-27-1
[recorded in
[32]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action11]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-73 - review with werner MPEG-7 [on Frank
Nack - due 2011-03-01].

<scribe> ACTION: werner to review SMPTE [recorded in
[33]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action12]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-74 - Review SMPTE [on Werner Bailer - due
2009-01-20].

<tobiasb> METS, LOM: Already had a look; will provide information
for mapping table by the deadline next week

<scribe> ACTION: tobias to review METS [recorded in
[34]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action13]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-75 - Review METS [on Tobias Bürger - due
2009-01-20].

<scribe> ACTION: TOBIAS to review LOM [recorded in
[35]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action14]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-76 - Review LOM [on Tobias Bürger - due
2009-01-20].

thierry: questions on mapping?

AOB

joakim: API and ontology schedule, maybe need to talk about it at
next meeting

thierry: agree, need to talk about this next week

regrets for next week: Felix traveling, thierry also (probably will
join by phone)

bye

<VeroniqueM> exit

<tmichel> rssagent, darft minutes

<tmichel> rssagent, draft minutes

<joakim> exit

<tmichel> rssagent, make minutes

<joakim> felix: after you sent the command to rrsagent, draft
minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Chris to review DIG35 [recorded in
[36]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: Felix to review MIX [recorded in
[37]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action10]
[NEW] ACTION: frank to review with werner MPEG-7 - due 2009-27-1
[recorded in
[38]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: Jean-Pierre to review EBU [recorded in
[39]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Jean-Pierre to review IPTC [recorded in
[40]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: jean-pierre to review tvanytime [recorded in
[41]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Joakim to review Cable Labs Video-On-Demand Content
specification 2.0 [recorded in
[42]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Thierry to ask AC rep of IBBT to nominate Chris
[recorded in
[43]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: Tobias to do searchmonkeymedia [recorded in
[44]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: TOBIAS to review LOM [recorded in
[45]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: tobias to review METS [recorded in
[46]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action13]
[NEW] ACTION: victor to report on FRBR next week [recorded in
[47]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: werner to review SMPTE [recorded in
[48]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action12]
[NEW] ACTION: wonsuk to finish TYoutube and Media RSS , TXfeed for
next week [recorded in
[49]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

[End of minutes]
_________________________________________________________


Minutes formatted by David Booth's [50]scribe.perl version 1.133
([51]CVS log)
$Date: 2009/01/13 14:09:15 $
_________________________________________________________

[50] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

[51] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133 of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [52]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002

/scribe/

[52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/


Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/pending/done/
Succeeded: s/regrets: erik, werner/regrets: erik/
Succeeded: s/generi/generic/
Succeeded: s/duplicate mappings/duplicate mappings, which joakim descri
bed/
Found Scribe: fsasaki
Inferring ScribeNick: fsasaki
Default Present: Thierry, Felix, +95177aaaa, pchampin, tobiasb, wonsuk,
+46.1.07.17.aabb, joakim, victor, [VrijeUni], veronique, +31.20.525.aa
cc, davy
Present: thierry joakim tobias victor werner wonsuk felix pchampin fran
k veronique davy
Regrets: erik
Agenda: [53]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation

/2009Jan/0017.html
Got date from IRC log name: 13 Jan 2009
Guessing minutes URL: [54]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes

.html
People with action items: chris felix frank jean-pierre joakim thierry
tobias victor werner wonsuk

[53] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0017.htm

l
[54] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html


End of [55]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

[55] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm






-----------------------------------------
**************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it 
are confidential and intended solely for the 
use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error, 
please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email 
message has been swept by the mailgateway
**************************************************
Received on Thursday, 15 January 2009 16:23:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 15 January 2009 16:23:26 GMT