Re: IBBT Metadata model + return values

Hello Chris, all,

many thanks for your replies, and for joining the mailing list. It would
be great if you could join officially the WG, that's probably no problem?

Just some questions /comments below.

Chris Poppe さんは書きました:
> Dear,
>
> Please find my answers enclosed below,
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris Poppe
>
> Ghent University - IBBT
> Faculty of Engineering
> Department of Electronics and Information Systems (ELIS)
> Multimedia Lab Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201
> B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent
> Belgium
>

> t: +32 9 33 14959
> f: +32 9 33 14896
> t secr: +32 9 33 14911

that woudl mean for the API to have e.g. a getCreatorAsURI method, or
getCreatorAsString, right?

> Although this might increase the size of the resulting ontology.
>
> Agreeing on a common format for a property, which can not be misinterpreted,
> is necessary for interoperability between systems.

I would say "agreeing on a common data type" is necessary. Maybe you
meant the same, I was just not sure.

> It would also be great to have Chris directly particpating in the group,
> if that would be possible ...
>
> [CP]In fact, I just joined the mailing list. I remember that I have an
> action point in this WG, namely the mapping table for DIG35. I was wondering
> in what format we need to distribute this and how?

Maybe follow the suggestion from Joakim? See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0010.html

Felix