Re: Publish Mapping Table

이원석 さんは書きました:
> Hi. Joakim.
>
> I fully agree with this work.
>
> But I just only joined the last WG call by irc only,
> So I couldn't understand the meaning of First Public Working Draft for the mapping table.
>
> Is it recommendation track doc or note of our WG?

It is a first public working draft of the recommendation track doc
"Ontology for Media Object 1.0"
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/media-annotations-wg.html

> Is it only for feedback from anyone?

"first public working draft" in W3C means: the working group does not
make any commitements about the content, the stability, changes. From
the "status of this document" section of a FPWD:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-its-20051122/
"Publication as a Working Draft does not imply endorsement by the W3C
Membership. This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or
obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite
this document as other than work in progress."

There is however a period for patent disclosures. From the same draft:
"Per section 4 of the W3C Patent Policy, Working Group participants have
150 days from the title page date of this document to exclude essential
claims from the W3C RF licensing requirements with respect to this
document series. Exclusions are with respect to the exclusion reference
document, defined by the W3C Patent Policy to be the latest version of a
document in this series that is published no later than 90 days after
the title page date of this document."

Regarding your question "is it only for feedback": it depends. Some
working group tend to produce nearly final specs before publishing a
FPWD, others produce very early draft material and publish the FPWD
mainly for getting wide feedback. IMO we are the latter category.

Felix