Re: Asking for feedback on API design from the Web Browser Community

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:49:54 +0100
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: Joakim SŲderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, public-media-annotation@w3.org
> Most of the time the metadata is associated with tracks, so I wonder
> how to address them.

Is this really true? I agree it would be nice, but is there any metadata
format widely used that offers such a granularity ? From my experience,
metadata are generally global to a media file and therefore apply to all
tracks. Complex metadata formats such as MPEG-7 allow to decompose a
media into pieces (e.g. tracks) in order to attach metadata to these
pieces, but people tend to say it is too complex.

> For example: if I want the author of the video track and the composer
> of the audio track?

One more use case for the UC & Requirement document ?
Cheers.

   RaphaŽl

--
RaphaŽl Troncy