W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > August 2009

[AGENDA] Media Annotation WG 2009-09-01

From: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:32:52 +0200
Message-ID: <4055256AED9D224D9442B19BF1C4C490042EF269@esealmw118.eemea.ericsson.se>
To: <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Hello again!
This is the agenda for the next Media Annotations WG call.
If you have any items to be included in the agenda, feel free to let chairs know.
*===================================================================*
*Tuesday, 1 September 12:00-13:00 UTC*
*===================================================================*
* **Zakim General Information*
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=09&day=1&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_3261 <http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html> 
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 6294 (spells "MAWG")
Duration: 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel: #mediaann on irc.w3.org:6665 W3C IRC Web Client : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc (Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client <http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/> )
Zakim information : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------
WG home page : http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/
WG admin home page : http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/admin
WG open issue : 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
*===================================================================*
*AGENDA*
*[1] Administratives*
Chair: Joakim
Scribe: TBD
Regrets: 
[a] Agenda review 
http://www.w3.org/2009/05/12-mediaann-minutes.html
[b] Selection of scribe for next meeting
Scribe list: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/admin.html
- Volunteer to scribe for telecon on 8 September 2009
Scribe FAQ: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
[c] Schedule for the next call on 8 September 2009
[d] Florian: Status on the paper describing the MAWG work?
https://www.dimis.fim.uni-passau.de/~stegmai/w3c_ontology_semudate09.pdf

*[2] Items*
[a] Raphael has asked us for a formal review of "Use cases and requirements for Media Fragments WG":
      http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags-reqs/
[b] FELIX: "TAG (Technical Architecture Group) wants to start work on metadata in general, including access and formats"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-mediaont-10-20090618/
So we can be sure that the TAG will have an opinion about our work and we should to be sure to coordinate with them. 
[c] Action items
Please give us the status of your Action Item. We will go through the list http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
[d] About the API design:
Felix, several questions: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Aug/0000.html
and user interface: http://www.sasakiatcf.com/felix/ma/02/
Florian:
>From my point of view, we should use IDL or WebIDL for the description of the API in the first version. The bindings for Java or ECMAScript may be provided in later versions of the document for example in a new section.
Use IDL, and other questions from Victor: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Aug/0007.html
[e] Feed back from PFWG (Protocols and Formats WG):
i) We request that you provide a property to indicate the location of alternate versions (complete with the MIME type and location, and keeping in mind that alternate versions of resources often have different granularities so have to be referenced carefully). This might correspond to the DCMI Metadata Terms hasFormat http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-mediaont-10-20090618/ or isFormatOf http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-isFormatOf. It is possible that the ma:relation property fulfills this function but if so this needs to be documented more clearly, including explanation of accessibility use cases (ability to find alternate formats, including transcriptions, captions, etc. of the "same" media).
- Can it be solved by a subtype to ma:relation?
ii) Comment 2: Property for dependencies
It would be important to have a property corresponding to DCMI Metadata Terms requires http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-requires. This would be to indicate if the media requires something else to be played. If it requires something else known to be inaccessible on the user's system, then the media could be known to be unplayable from its metadata.

[f] Wonsuk: First WD of API doc (deadline 2 October)
Initial outline of document:
0.     Abstract
1.     Introduction
2.     Terminology
3.     Data type Description
4.     API Description
5.     Examples of how to use the API(in Java for example(chris), web IDL)
Who will take charge of which part?

[g]
Request for test data;
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jun/0107.html
added to:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Test_data

[h] AOB

Cheers
/Joakim


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joakim Söderberg, M.Sc, Ph.D Multimedia Indexing
Senior Research Engineer, Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research
Received on Sunday, 30 August 2009 14:34:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Sunday, 30 August 2009 14:34:59 GMT