Re: Media Annotations API implementation - asking for confirmation and a few questions

At 11:30  +0200 3/08/09, Felix Sasaki wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I had a look at the Strawman API design and notes Wiki
>http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Strawman_API_design_and_notes
>and made up a user interface design based on the
>"get-mawg-unstructured-value" method. Could you please have a look at
>http://www.sasakiatcf.com/felix/ma/02/
>and tell me if I have interpreted the strawman correctly?
>
>Also, I have a few questions:
>
>1) What is a fragment-indicator?

a media fragment, presumably phrased to the media
fragment group's recommendations.  e.g.
"time="10s-20s" to select a 10 second fragment (I
made up the syntax).

>2) Where are the subtype definitions needed for the sub-type-filter ?
>I had a look at the mapping table but could not find them.

That was to handle properties that can have
sub-types (eg the role of a contributor).  we
didn't get to a syntax for that (or anything
else).

>3) The language-code-filter is a bit unclear to me.
>- RFC 4647 http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4646.txt defines two matching
>schemes for language tags: lookup or filtering. Lookup returns one or
>no value ("give me the resource if it is French"), and is often
>combined with priority information (e.g. "French" with priority 1.0,
>"English" with priority 0.5, ...). Filtering returns a possibly empty
>set of values ("give me all resources which are French"). Is your
>intention here really "only" filtering?
>
>- For filtering there are two variants: basic filtering and extended
>filtering. Basic filtering matches the language tag against a
>so-called basic language range. For a match the language range needs
>to be
>	identical to the language tag, e.g. the language range "en" = the
>language tag "en" or
>	a prefix, e.g. the language range "en" = the prefix of the language
>tag "en-us".
>Extended filtering uses extended language ranges, that is a
>specification of an ordered sequence of sub tags. For example, the
>extended language range "de-de" matches de-de, de-latn-de, de-latf-de,
>de-de-1901, since the sequence "de-de" is always given. However, it
>does not match "de-x-de".
>
>My question is what we want: basic filtering or also extended filtering?

ah, yes.  I think we need to talk about it.

--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.