Re: F2F 3 and call for comments

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:36:47 +0200
To: Joakim SŲderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>
CC: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>, public-media-annotation@w3.org
Dear Joakim,

Regarding terminology: could we please avoid the term 'Tag', like in
'Top Supported Tags' [1]? I think it is completely inappropriate in the
context of this WG. We're talking about annotation properties, a
well-defined term in all the metadata community and with a clear
distinction with what a tag is or can be! In particular, the properties
we are talking about are generally typed. It would clarify the
discussion if could forget about 'tagging'.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Top_Supported_Tags

> One thing; on Friday we decided to not talk about ďmedia objectsĒ
> anymore, but ďmedia entitiesĒ. A media entity can be both a resource and
> a representation. See introduction to:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Top_Supported_Tags

It is written:
"Entity" is either a "Resource" (abstract concept) or a "Representation"

Does it refer to the concepts of Resource and Representation as defined
in AWWSW? If yes, then a reference should be provided!
Note that the AWWSW task force is currently working on the ontology for
that, e.g. http://rdfs.org/ns/http-sem/html
There are still looking for the correct term for the super-class of
Resource and Representation, but it will definitively *NOT* be 'Entity'.
What was wrong with 'Media Objects'? Would 'Media resources' not be good?

Best regards.

RaphaŽl Troncy
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312