Introduction

From: Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:24:03 +0200
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Dear all,

i wanted to introduce myself to all participants of the MAWG.

My name is Florian Stegmaier. I studied Computer Science at the
University of Passau (UoP), which is located in Bavaria (Germany). In
my Master Thesis i implemented a video authoring tool based on the
Eclipse Rich Client Platform with several features (like scene
detection). Since November 2008, im working as a PhD student at the
chair of Prof. Dr. Harald Kosch (UoP). My research topics deal in
general with semantic retrieval of mutlimedia data (metadata
annotation and metadata standards like MPEG-7, RDF, OWL, Triple Store
solutions, ...). Im also involved in standardization projects, in
names the MPEG Query Format and JPSearch.

We (Dr. Mario Dller and i) joined the MAWG in the beginning of April
2009. I also participated the F2F meeting last week in Barcelona
(Spain). Im looking forward to work with you in future and I hope we
will produce some really interesting results.

Best regards,
Florian