mapping table 2.2

From: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 20:11:32 +0200
To: <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Dear all,
I have uploaded a new version of the mapping table as a reference for the F2F meeting.
In this version I have included updates and revisions for mpeg7, smtp, you tube, media rss, dig35, tva and CableLabs1.1 (which is more in use).

When revising CalbeLabs1.1 (with some help) I noticed that one XMP-reference attribute correspond to many attributes in CableLabs (sometimes 20).
The situation is the same for others such as TVA, MPEG7, EXIF etc. I think it is important to keep this in mind when we draft the mechanism of the Ontology.
This issue is related to what Pierre-Antoine refers to "low-level" semantics: content of the return types vs. Syntax ( API return types, e.g. slash-separated string or structured sequence).
I hope that we can find a solution to this problem during those days. Please post your opinions preferable before tomorrow noon!

We have different types of mismatches; between the properties, data types and structure that can be solved by different parts of our standard.
We use the following terms to refer to them:

* High-level semantics 	= (ontology) Semantic links identified by the mapping table.

* Low-level semantics	= (content of the return types) Structure, e.g. representing one or several creators.

* Syntax 		= (API) return types, e.g. slash-separated string or structured sequence

Best regards

Joakim Söderberg, M.Sc, Ph.D Multimedia Indexing
Senior Research Engineer, Media Protocols and Applications
Ericsson Research, Multimedia Technologies