Question on API paper

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:40:42 +0900
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org

Hello Raphael, all,

I have read
http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/phillip.lord/download/publications/cooking03.pdf
and have a general question about the paper: how is it related to the
API which we are supposed to produce? The paper describes - if I
understand correctly - an API to access ontologies, e.g. query, update,
serialization etc. However I think we are supposed to create an API for
accessing *metadata*, and our API relies on an ontology (thinking of
issues 6113, we still have find out how the relation is). I am probably
missing something, so many thanks in advance for the clarification.

Felix