W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > October 2008

[mediaann minutes] 2008-10-14 telephone conference minutes (DRAFT)

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:30:24 +0900
Message-ID: <48F51D80.9050102@w3.org>
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html and below
as text. Sorry for dropping out early and many thanks for finishing the
call smoothly.
re "Felix, can you include in the agenda a time slot (20') for that?": I
will make that and update the agenda later today.

Felix


[1]W3C

[1] http://www.w3.org/

- DRAFT -

Media Annotations WG

14 Oct 2008

[2]Agenda

[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Oct/0043.html

See also: [3]IRC log

[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-irc

Attendees

Present
Veronique, Frank, Raphael, Joakim, Felix, Davy, Werner, Hui

Regrets
tobias, vassilis, daniel

Chair
Felix

Scribe
Veronique

Contents

* [4]Topics
1. [5]Agenda review / approval of previous minutes
2. [6]Selection of scribe for next meeting
3. [7]Future telephone conferences and f2f meetings / call
time
4. [8]Action items
5. [9]Editing
6. [10]Open issues
7. [11]AOB
* [12]Summary of Action Items
_________________________________________________________

Agenda review / approval of previous minutes

<fsasaki>
[13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008
Oct/0043.html

[13]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Oct/0043.html

<raphael> +1 for accepting the minutes

<fsasaki> [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html

[14] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html

<frank> +1

<cgi-irc> +1

<wbailer> +1

<fsasaki> previous minutes approved

Selection of scribe for next meeting

<scribe> ACTION: reminder to find scribe for next calls [recorded in
[15]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - reminder

Future telephone conferences and f2f meetings / call time

<fsasaki>
[16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Meeting_Agenda_
(DRAFT

[16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Meeting_Agenda_(DRAFT

<scribe> ACTION: all look at the draft of the planning for the f2f
[recorded in
[17]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - all

<frank> The agenda sounds good to me. All depends what your idea is
on 'discussion on use cases'.

Frank: later, we should discuss the use cases further

Felix: does someone want to present a specific format at the f2f?
... any volunteer for IMM?

<raphael> I has a look at it today, I guess I could summarize the
content

<scribe> ACTION: Felix to confirm that there should be a
presentation about IMM [recorded in
[18]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-16 - Confirm that there should be a
presentation about IMM [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-10-21].

<raphael> For me, it could be presented together with the IPTC photo
metadata standard since there is a lot of overlap between these 2

<frank> good idea

<raphael> I volunteer for nothing ... but can improvise something
the D day :-)

Action items

Felix: propose to close action number 6

<fsasaki> close ACTION-6

<trackbot> ACTION-6 Check WG participant mailing list subscription
mechanism to make sure that new participants are subscribed
automatically closed

<fsasaki> close ACTION-14

<trackbot> ACTION-14 Add text on video uc closed

<fsasaki> close ACTION-15

<trackbot> ACTION-15 Elaborate on mobile uc closed

Editing

Felix thanks all for contribution to the wiki

Felix: still looking for editors

Open issues

Felix: keep it in mind, will not go through the list today

<fsasaki>
[19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Main_Page#Use_C
ases__and_Requirements

[19]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Main_Page#Use_Cases__and_Requirements

Felix: discuss what Frank and Raphael contributed on the mailing
list about the topic later today
... thanks to the contributors, are there any comments?
... defer the discussion about the IMM to the tpac meeting

<fsasaki>
[20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008
Oct/0041.html

[20]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Oct/0041.html

Felix: discussion about the tasks about which we can think of

Frank: very general tasks in some use cases
... like search
... but also particular tasks for particular contexts and media
... which will not occur often
... separate tasks from processes to define better what elementary
tasks we should enable to describe
... example of the mobile example
... 1st part about geotagging, automatically done
... do we describe the location or the geo tag?

<frank> Excellent idea - very much what I had in mind

joakim use the use case description as a general container, check
box

joakim says that the general question is how far do we go in the
description

joakim says that descriptions should enable us to make pocesses work

Felix: bottom up vs top down approache
... some people could try both appraches and see if we can meet in
the middle

<frank> I like Felix idea of double direction approach

Felix: top down should lead to a minimal set of tasks

<hmiao> +1 to both

Felix: we can als start to work on the API
... concrete effort related to the API could also bring a new view
... developpers's need to search in video
... is a point of view that could be taken into account

<wbailer> not sure if bottom up requires that we also start with the
API - the basic methods are probably simple getter/setter for
metadata elements available in many vocabularies

Felix: what is your opinion about working on the api already?
... in parallel to the ontology, top-down approach?

<raphael> I tend to think like Werner ... I think it is preferrable
to start working on the API once a first draft of the ontoloy exists
... after TPAC

<raphael> ... but before the end of the year

hui says that we should first maybe collect more use cases to define
the purpose of the API better

<frank> I am in favor of working on the API now - might help shaping
the ongoing discussion due to its practicality

Felix: starting from the API side gives a concrete application to
the ontology to be developped

<raphael> The purpose of the API is pretty clear: provide a
programmatic access to the metadata represented by the ontology

<raphael> being sexy to the developers world is an argument I can
buy :-)

Felix: starting early on the API work could makes our group more
attractive for developpers/browsers
... looking for volunteers for defining what we want to achieve in a
top-down view
... could take Frank's email as bases

<frank> I can do that - elaborate more

I would also interested in contributing

<frank> I put that on the wicki before the F2F

<raphael> I think there are different engineering models we could
follow to develop the API

<js> show actions

<raphael> ... an interesting one is the OWL API model, following the
'visitor' pattern

<scribe> ACTION: Frank and Vero to elaborate on the top-down
approach about use cases [recorded in
[21]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - And Vero to elaborate on the top-down
approach about use cases [on Frank Nack - due 2008-10-21].

Felix: can you elaborte on what you mean by visitor pattern?

<raphael> The paper I'm talking about: "Cooking the Semantic Web
with the OWL API"

<raphael>
[22]http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/phillip.lord/download/publications
/cooking03.pdf

[22]
http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/phillip.lord/download/publications/cooking03.pdf

Felix: Raphael, do you want to present tis paper at the tpac
meeting?

<raphael> Yes

<raphael> who has already use the Manchester OWL API in this group?

<raphael> I can explain the principles and some basic code

<frank> I have not

Felix: sorry, I have to drop of early, you can stay on IRC and are
free to continue the discussion for the time remaining

<wbailer> frank, i've a meeting early afternoon, but after 15.30 it
us possible

I did not use it either

the Manchester OWL api

<hmiao> me too

<frank> Sounds like a good idea if Raphael explains the most
important aspects of the Man. Api

<raphael> Felix, can you include in the agenda a time slot (20') for
that?

AOB

<raphael> is there any other business or can we adjourn the telecon?

<frank> adjourn seems to be it

<raphael> ok, thanks all

<raphael> [adjourn]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: all look at the draft of the planning for the f2f
[recorded in
[23]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Felix to confirm that there should be a presentation
about IMM [recorded in
[24]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Frank and Vero to elaborate on the top-down approach
about use cases [recorded in
[25]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: reminder to find scribe for next calls [recorded in
[26]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

[End of minutes]
_________________________________________________________


Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version 1.133
([28]CVS log)
$Date: 2008/10/14 22:12:10 $

[27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
[28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 14 October 2008 22:31:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 14 October 2008 22:31:04 GMT