RE: Elaborating on the Video use case

From: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:56:48 +0200
To: Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: <public-media-annotation@w3.org>

Raphael,
Thank you for clearing some of my questions!

>So all the discussions we have in the use cases is why do you want to annotate/describe video?

1)  To:
	- Search & Retrieve: Manage local and distributed video repositories.
	- Browse (on semantic topics or personal prefs), people want smart and fast EPGs!
	- Rate & Recommend (e.g. push a video to a friend )

>Can we have access to the specification of the CableLabs VOD Metadata schema? Examples of such metadata?
2) I have the CableLabs VOD Metadata schema 2.0 specs.

>What are the interesting properties that will accurately describe the content of these
>Videos and enhance their sharing and reuse?

3) Yes that's the tricky question! I think:
	- semantic descriptions (both editorial and from automatic indexing)
	- genre descriptions
	- information about capture/production; time/date, geo data, producer and technical information
	- rating information

4) Do you refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMA_BCAST? Is there some specification available? How is it related to TV Anytime?
I was listing standards that support EPGs and OMA BCAST also does that.

>I can see how MPEG-7 is in-scope. Which parts of MPEG-21 do you think are relevant?
5) Rights management, media adaptation and session mobility.

Best regards
/Joakim