Re: Elaborating on the Video use case

Dear all,

about MS IMM: http://blogs.msdn.com/imm/
  - implements the MPEG-21 Digital Item Declaration (DID) model using
OWL/RDF and also uses MPEG-21 Digital Item Identification (DII)
  - they have sections to describe the audio, video, image, tape, and
custom format
  - also include dublin core predicates
  - can also include domain specific predicates like IPTC, EXIF, XMP,
SMPTE, etc.

More information about IMM was previously available on http://www.codeplex.com/IMM
  but it seems it has been removed there

A document about IMM has been submitted to MPEG recently but I'm not
sure I can disclose this here. In case you're interested, I can check
this and I'll come back to you later.

Best regards,
  -Christian

PS: for my intro please have a look at http://www-itec.uni-klu.ac.at/~timse/cv/

:--
:- Ass.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Christian Timmerer
:- UNIKLU: Klagenfurt University, Austria
:- TEWI: Faculty of Technical Sciences
:- ITEC: Department of Information Technology
:- MMC: Multimedia Communication
:- T    +43 / 463 / 2700 ext. 3621 (secr. 3602)
:- F    +43 / 463 / 2700 ext. 3699
:- E     christian.timmerer(at)itec.uni-klu.ac.at
:- W   http://research.timmerer.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/timse7
Subscribe to my blog: http://blog.timmerer.com