W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > October 2008

[mediaann minutes] 2008-09-30 telephone conference minutes

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:38:05 +0900
Message-ID: <48E2C66D.7020608@w3.org>
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html and below 
as text. Please check also the action items at
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
to make sure you have the right one.

Felix


[1]W3C

[1] http://www.w3.org/

- DRAFT -

Media Annotations WG

30 Sep 2008

[2]Agenda

[2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Sep/0081.html

See also: [3]IRC log

[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-irc

Attendees

Present
hui, raphael, frank, felix, Tobias, Davy, Dave, Erik,
Vassilis

Regrets
Daniel, Veronique

Chair
Felix

Scribe
hui

Contents

* [4]Topics
1. [5]review of agenda / minutes approval
2. [6]Selection of scribe for next meeting
3. [7]Future telephone conferences and f2f meetings / call
time
4. [8]Action items
5. [9]Open issues
* [10]Summary of Action Items
_________________________________________________________

<raphael> Frank Nack and I will share a phone

<frank> hi all

<fsasaki> ACTION: Felix to check WG participant mailing list
subscription mechanism to make sure that new participants are
subscribed automatically [recorded in
[11]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Check WG participant mailing list
subscription mechanism to make sure that new participants are
subscribed automatically [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-10-07].

<fsasaki>
[12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008
Sep/att-0081/00-part

[12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Sep/att-0081/00-part

review of agenda / minutes approval

something asking about how to have the meeting

fsasaki: for today we will not discuss much, but mainly go briefly
through each issue and distribute action items.

<fsasaki> previous minutes approved:
[13]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-mediaann-minutes.html

[13] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-mediaann-minutes.html

Selection of scribe for next meeting

fsasaki: next week will be Oct 7. 13 UTC

<wbailer> i volunteer for scribing next week

fsasaki: that's great.

Future telephone conferences and f2f meetings / call time

<fsasaki>
[14]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/december-f2f/results

[14] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/december-f2f/results

fsasaki: Dec. 9,10 including joint meeting with Media Fragments WG

raphael: media fragments WG decided last week, f2f meeting, on Dec
9, 10

<dsinger> alas, dec 9,10 I will be at a Blu-ray meeting (probably
Japan)

Action items

<fsasaki>
[15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

[15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

fsasaki: only one, new added. check the scribe and emails

<raphael> wonders whether the group participants should create a
wiki account of if such an account has already been created?

<fsasaki>
[16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Main_Page

[16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Main_Page

fsasaki: you can edit wiki pages with your w3c login name / pw for
this working group

Open issues

Joakim: many candidate use cases relate to mobile aspects

<Joakim> ACTION: Joakim to describe mobile aspects to use cases
[recorded in
[17]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-7 - Describe mobile aspects to use cases
[on Joakim Söderberg - due 2008-10-07].

<fsasaki> 6054 Formats in scope / out of scope
[18]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/formats/results

[18] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/formats/results

fsasaki: did not have lots of responses on 6054
... delay discussion of the questionnaire again

<frank> regarding the mobile use case: is the aim to add
automatically localisation data - as for images on flickr?

<fsasaki> 6064 Use case "Services by using an unified media
annotation"

fsasaki: call for volunteer to provide more information
... and put the information for the use case to wiki

Tobias: will put XG related use case into the WIki

<fsasaki> ACTION: Tobias to put XG use cases into wiki [recorded in
[19]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-8 - Put XG use cases into wiki [on Tobias
Bürger - due 2008-10-07].

6065 Use case "Video on IPTV"

fsasaki: any ideas about this one ?

wbailer no use cases linked with video at all expect this one

fsasaki: ask somebody to elaborate this use case

Joakim will do this

<Joakim> ACTION: Joakim elaborates on the video use case [recorded
in [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-9 - Elaborates on the video use case [on
Joakim Söderberg - due 2008-10-07].

6066 Requirement "Covering variations across locales"

fsasaki: anybody want to work on this requirement ?
... propose to drop it ?

Dave: pretty tricky one, maybe leave it, will provide more
information later

ACTION-9 Dave to elaborate 6066

<scribe> ACTION: Dave to elaborate 6066 [recorded in
[21]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Dave

<dsinger> dsinger

6067 Use case "Audiovisual archive as a Cultural Heritage
institution"

fsasaki: any volunteers want to create information in wiki

<raphael> Veronique is interested in this use case

<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to create information in wiki about 6067
[recorded in
[22]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - ??

Vassilis: what about split the use case into two

werner: application / technique points of view, interoperate
problem, search problem

Vassilis: very important issue, not only ontology, but more to be
covered

<frank> if the search problem is seperated - what is the difference
to 6083

fsasaki: we have to see the result to seperate 6067

6068 Use case "Metadata to help promoting safe environments"

fsasaki: ask for volunteer to work on this oen

<raphael> this use case comes from the POWDER WG

<raphael> ... and Phil Archher

fsasaki: more discussions were required

6069 Use case "Multi media and semantic web technologies"

fsasaki: too general, will be dropped

<raphael> agree to drop

6077 Use case "Photo"

fsasaki: call for volunteers to work on it

Felix: look for volunteers 6083

Vassilis: it's too specific to semantic technology, also to multi
media

6078 Use case "Music"

fsasaki: use wiki to write is recommend

6085 Use case "multimedia sharing"

fsasaki: call for volunteers to produce material
... volunteers for 6086, 6109 ?

<frank> happy to fill in 6084 and 6086

<scribe> ACTION: frank will work on 6084 and 6086 [recorded in
[23]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action07]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-10 - Will work on 6084 and 6086 [on Frank
Nack - due 2008-10-07].

6113 Requirement "Allowing for a simple API, abstraction in the
ontology, and a clear mediation inbetween"

<dsinger> I like the way this is phrased! (Maybe it was from my
mail)

fsasaki: explaining 6113 , question is how to make it happen

ACTION dsinger will work more on this issue 6113

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - dsinger

Raphael: it would be better have a idea what does it mean to provide
this API

Raphael: better to postpone this issue when ontology is ready

fsasaki: if we postpone work on the API, we will be very slow, and
the relation between the API and the ontology will become unclear &
hard to create later. Maybe we should work on both of them at the
same time.
... most of people here are interested on ontology, so I am also
looking for people to working on this API

6126 Machine readable license data

fsasaki: already discussed a lot in the mail list, any feeling
whether we need to specify ontology on this kind of data

rapheal: IPTC, they did some work on it, the result is to put this
part as a link to other vocabularies, such as MPEG-21,

<frank> I agree with Raphael

<davy> +1

<wbailer> +1

<vassilis> +1

fsasaki: it's a good approach
... it's a good approach
... thanks for all,

<fsasaki> thanks for scribing, hui

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to create information in wiki about 6067
[recorded in
[24]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Dave to elaborate 6066 [recorded in
[25]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW]
ACTION: Dave to work on 6113
[NEW] ACTION: Felix to check WG participant mailing list
subscription mechanism to make sure that new participants are
subscribed automatically [recorded in
[26]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: frank will work on 6084 and 6086 [recorded in
[27]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: Joakim elaborates on the video use case [recorded in
[28]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Joakim to describe mobile aspects to use cases
[recorded in
[29]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Tobias to put XG use cases into wiki [recorded in
[30]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]

[End of minutes]
_________________________________________________________


Minutes formatted by David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version 1.133
([32]CVS log)
$Date: 2008/09/30 22:08:43 $

[31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
[32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 1 October 2008 00:38:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 10 October 2008 05:33:19 GMT