Re: my token about the "3 or more layer" structure for the ontology

Dear Véronique, Silvia, all,

I agree with both of you in that the need of multiple description levels is
only related to a small subset of use cases, basically to those related to
the management of groups of resources (e.g. digital asset management
systems, user media collections, etc.). Instead, we are (I guess) focused in
embedded annotations in individual resources.

However, I think that there are solutions which cover both cases, the simple
and the complex one. For instance, we could embed the following annotation
within an MPEG video:

<mawg:Video rdf:ID=http://example.org/video/01">
 <mawg:title>astronaut loses tool bag during spacewalk </mawg:title>
 <mawg:creator>John Smith</mawg:creator>
</mawg:Video>

<mawg:Resource rdf:ID="http://example.org/resource/01">
 <mawg:format>FLV</mawg:format>
 <mawg:filesize>21342342</mawg:filesize>
 <mawg:duration>PT1004199059S</mawg:duration>
 </ mawg:videoID rdf:resource="http://example.org/video/01">
</mawg:Resource>

It is structured and it offers 2 abstraction levels, but it can be
serialized like a plain record. When appearing in isolated resources, the
high-level annotation ("Video" in this case) would be repeated. When
appearing within a collection's annotation the "Video" annotation would
appear just once.

It is not so different than in XMP. Take to the following XMP example...

http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/images/8/8a/Xmp_example.xml

Best regards,

Ruben