Re: Initial draft of Use Cases and Requirements for Media Ontology 1.0

Many thanks for these comments, Raphael. Some remarks below.

Raphaël Troncy さんは書きました:
> Dear Wonsuk, Felix, all,
>
>> Please find and review the closed file that is initial draft of Use
>> Cases and Requirements for Media Ontology 1.0.
>> If you have any comments or opinion, please let me know.
>
> Please, find below my review for this document. This is a mix of typos
> I have noticed and questions and comments I have ...
>
> For the future versions, could we put them on the web with a proper
> revision number to reference and just distribute URIs instead of
> (html) attachments?

This is my bad, due to the delay with the CVS access. The revision is here:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.html?rev=1.7&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

> * Abstract: 'ontolgoy' -> ontology
>
> * Status of this document: it is outdated for this document. I think
> it is aimed to be a Working Group Note rather than a Rec.

I will handle that later for the publication, no need to work on the
status section.

> * Section 1: 'concret' -> concrete
>
> * Section 2.1: Overview
>   - The 3 dimensions fall a bit from the sky, making the reading a bit
> dry. Is it possible to add some references showing where these 3
> dimensions come from?
>   - The current text contains a lot of questions ... "for us", so I
> guess not meant for the working draft reader. Are they? For example:
> should we keep the sentence: "Taking in consideration what the
> cognitive power of a medium is might help us to distill the basics to
> be described to achieve the widest coverage"? Or should be turn it
> into something like: "Taking in consideration what the cognitive power
> of a medium is enables to distill the basics to be described to
> achieve the widest coverage"?
>   - Similarly, the text that describes the 3rd dimension (the task)
> contains numerous questions. Would we like to keep them as it is? It
> seems to me that the text should answer to these questions and not
> exposed to the reader of the document.
>   - The last sentence of the 5th paragraph is ambiguous: "The scope of
> the Media ontology 1.0 is limited to content description". Do you mean
> the physical content? the semantic content? both?
>   - What means DC at the end of the 6th paragraph? Is there some
> missing text? Is it a reference to the new working drafts of Dublin
> Core that envisages to have wh* relationships?

I think that this is the intention.

Felix